New Reply New Topic Followed by 17 people

i am 31 years old and have been smoking pot since i was 16 only missing maybe one or two days when i was about 18... i just quit this moday and haven't been able to eat without it coming back up.. even water...and forget about sleeping. does anyone know how long this will last?

Depends on how much you been smoking per day. I quit 2 weeks ago, but I slowed down to one hit every other day before I quit. It took 10 days before I got my first night of decent sleep. The symptoms will last from 10 days to 26. In your case, beings it sounds bad, you might consider brownies to taper off as it sounds like you were smoking a lot. I only state this because if you can't hold down anything, your in bad shape. You can tough it out, and if your working, it must be affecting your job. I have another article posted with a few tips.

Hang in there, pot withdrawals are a very serious reality that a lot of people don't understand. The physical withdrawals are what keep people smoking on a regular basis and many don't understand this. I commend you for quiting as it did a lot of damage to my social life. Good luck.

I started smoking marijuanna alittle over a month ago. I have no expiriences with other drugs. I have probabaly only smoked pot 10 times but when i did it all conisted within a week. The last time I smoked was exactly a month from yesterday, its been 30 days. I've been expiriencing the symptoms of withdrawal, but im not quite sure if its possible to have withdrawals of marijuanna after only smoking for about 10 times? I stopped cold turkey, sooo..? any help?

i smoked for 2 years on a daily basis.. 2-3 Js per day
I stopped 4 days ago... and in total i only had like 20 hours of sleep during that past 4 days... you can do the math...
last night was no different.... i spent 2 hours tossing around trying to fall asleep... i got so sick of it and i decided to pull out my bottle of red wine.... had a glass... and i passed out... going to try that again tonight...
well... i know that alcohol does reduce the quality of sleep... as of this morning i was feeling like c**p... but trust me... it's better than no sleep at all.
i got summer school and work and finals are coming up...
bad sleep is better than no sleep...
on the plus side, red wine is good for you because of the antioxidant and all that scientific stuff... so you should just stick to that... but don't go over a glass.
i'll give it few more days before i try to fall asleep naturally again...
in the mean time... red wine is my pick... hope that helps.

i smoked for total of 3 years on a daily basis.. 2-3 Jts per day
this is actually my second time quitting, i stopped for like a month half a year ago... back then i didn't have much to do so i could just sleep through every morning... my guess to your question is about 2 to 3 weeks
because i could fall asleep naturally after i stopped for two weeks..

I stopped 4 days ago this time... and in total i only had like 20 hours of sleep during that past 4 days... you can do the math...
last night was no different.... i spent 2 hours tossing around trying to fall asleep... i got so sick of it and i decided to pull out my bottle of red wine.... had a glass... and i passed out... doing that again tonight...
bad sleep is better than no sleep...
on the plus side, red wine is good for you because of the antioxidant and all that scientific stuff... the grape skins is full of melatonin, which is a chemical that helps your body to adjust the circadian clock...
so you should just stick to reds only... but don't go over a glass.
in the mean time... red wine is my pick... hope that helps

I smoked A LOT of dope from age 16 to 24 and have quit for about a month and a half now. It still affects my sleep with restless nights, and my head just doesn't seem right at all in terms of clarity. I suspect it will take years before I regain any sense of normal as I smoked well over an 8th a day, or once a hour, for a good portion of that time. It makes me feel like I have problems reading or focusing and I suspect the damage has been done from such abuse. Of course I hope for a clear head sooner then later but I'd have to assume the mind and body can't recuperate itself overnight from years of smoking. Obviously everyone is different but I just know I'll have a good struggle ahead to regain my bearings since my propensity for abuse was well beyond your average.

Physical withdrawl is pretty nasty and likely comparable to a variety of harder drugs but it certainly clears up faster then the residual mental effects.

OK I have been a daily smoker off and on since I was 16 I quit when i was 21 I kicked the habit after daily smoking for 3 or 4 yrs. I couldn't sleep well in the first few weeks but nothing major... I quit for about 8 months and then started slowly chiefing again... then I quit when I was 23 for about 3 months and felt pretty good a lil insomnia and vivid dreams but again no biggie... so I'm 24 now and I've been smoking for nearly a year heavily and i have been wanting to quit and have tried tapering off but then last week I smoked some sh*t and i got really anxious on it so I was like great I should quit!! so I've stopped for a week and I'm reeling with anxiety my stomach is upset in the mornings really bad!! can't brush my teeth without dry heaving... and since I'm pretty much awake at 6 oclock every morning now I feel terrible... and the anxious thoughts keep me awake... I thought I felt better yesterday but now here we are again I'm up at the crack of dawn in agony... and I've stopped drinking caffeine because I don't want to make the anxiety worse but I feel like it is adding to my tribulation... I only drank a cup or 2 of coffee a day.
BTW...
I had an incident last week that made me loose my cool (spilled paint on a carpet ruining it and I freaked out) it was later that day I smoked and had a low level long lasting panic attack.... I don't care that this is long but I would love for my body to feel normal again and the anxious thoughts to subside... any suggestions...?
sleepy time tee and advil PM has helped a little... but I'm telling you I feel like a sack of garbage... NO FUN KIDS!!! don't mess with the Cess

I started smoking weed when i was fifteen years old. I didnt start smoking everyday, until i dropping out of highschool half way through senior year. Even if i had none, i was scarping pipes, getting some thc in my blood stream.. On top of the weed, ive had many extreme addictions to hard and soft drugs, being several months, or years, into each substance addiction...

I stopped smoking a week from today, and ill tell you what, i never expected, or even thought, that weed had the same type of withdrawls, (or similar), to other drugs hard/soft. You guys know the feelings, no reason to type them out, but the biggest ones are anxiety, and mood swings. the sweating, and unable to sleep are irritating, but easier then the anxiety. The anxiety has been the hardest thing yet, at least when i break down with emotion, and cry, i feel better afterwords...

Anyone out there that needs something over the counter NOW, ide EXTREMELY reccomend Valerian Root. It's a Natural dietary supplement that can either be taken in a capsule form, or bought as a tea to be made. has helped me overcome times of anxiety that i thought i couldnt take it anymore. You guys may also want to look into going to your doctor, and asking if theres something that will help relieve this extreme exiety. Yes, xannax will make it all go away, but getting dependant on another chemcle isnt what you should be doing (IMO) if your serious about stopping substance abuse, of chemicle dependancy. BUT, there are perscriptions, that are non addictive, that help anxiety, without having any type of euphoria attached.

I really pray all out there that are trying to change there life, or just stop using period, the best of luck. i know its not easy, but theres so many ways out there to help you. GOOD LUCK!!!

I have smoked pot for 15 years daily at least a gram through a bong.
My partnet has smoked for 20 yrs at least 2 grams a day.
He has experienced physcosis, irrational behaviour and has almost lost his current job and could previously only just cope working on the COUNCIL.
We have 2 kids (11yrs) & (2 Yrs).
We are now 10 days clean.
On the 6th day my partner let a work friend stay the night who lite up in the laundry of my house.
I LOST IT BIG TIME..... my partner and I had a fight (we hardly even argued when smoking)and ended up in hospital with me in a neck brace.
The police and DOCs became involved.
My partner is now in rehab and I am struggling to pay the rent and bills and mother my children without him.
He will be home in 30 days.
But what about the effect on my children.....
My 11yr old is now in counselling and he knew much more than I thought.
The depression I feel is mainly for my children and the fact that there seems to be so many of us out there.
The common factor I have found is that we all needed some sort of counselling BEFORE we started smoking and perhaps we could of dealt with our feeling without smoking them away......

DONT DO IT KIDS, talk to someone.

starrbaby wrote:

I'm now 19 and I started blazing just before I turned 16. I've tried to quit before but was never sucessful. I've beaten the withdrawls a but I want to ad that the urge to smoke weed is strongest during the third week that you quit. I've gone two summers without it but always retruned. If your friends smoke pot and you choose to hang out with them, then you'll probably join them.
I quit a week ago and I'm having trouble sleeping. A few things I've learned is that if you stay active and eat healthy then you'll be fine.

I quit smoking 6 months, I went to rehab over weed. I get chronic headaches still, and my eyes always burn. I would like to say leave that sh*t alone.

I don't know what you all are talking about really. Smoked everyday for 5 years, multiple times a day. Usually morning noon and a bunch at night. Quit two months ago, of course had trouble sleeping first week, had some vivid dreams but it is just getting used sleeping like how sober people sleep all the time. I couldn't imagine throwing up every morning from it or being sick like that. Maybe you should look at the other aspects of your life? do you excercise? how much caffeine do you take? what kind of medicine do you take? what foods do you eat? i think all of the problems you people talk about just carry over from other parts of your life and now since your not stoned all the time you acutally have to deal with them and blame it on ganja. It's not really that big of a deal and I don't think anyone is addicted. Sure it's easier to do it than to not and if you can't control yourself it's a personality thing not a pot thing. I think it all depends on you yourself and how you live on how long it takes to change your habits. thats all it is is a change of habit and its easy to break if you understand your mind and live a positive life.

I'm not even sure how long I've smoked, probably about 2 years. Most of the time it was everyday getting home from work doing a few dugouts when I got home and doing another about every hour until I finally would just stop being able to think and pass out about 2am. Went through periods of smoking at work, went through some periods of smoking all the time. Generally if I thought I could get away with it I did it.

I just went on a vacation where I smoked pretty much all day for a week. When I got back I had planned a surgery on the side of my face to remove a rather large skin cancer and they told me to stop smoking so that it would heal correctly. So I did.

I smoked right up to the night before the surgery. And then quit completely. It's been about two weeks now and the symptoms have gone through the roof. Crazy dreams (sometimes I enjoy them, sometimes they freak me out completely), I've been more and more depressed and feeling like my emotions are completely out of control. All this time I've been thinking "oh God is this why I was smoking? Am I this crazy without it? Maybe I need to get on some antidepressants or something!" I find myself wanting to cry all the time or feeling completely withdrawn from everyone. It never flashed until tonight that this is withdrawal and all that "it's not addictive" stuff really is BS. I knew it was because I wanted to stop many times but I thought it was just my addictive nature. No, it really is and there is really withdrawal.

So far, it's been two weeks with various levels of intensity. Figuring out that this is withdrawal actually helps me a little I think.

I quit after 7 years of non stop smoking (atleast 5 joints a day)

Few Tips:

Sleeping Probs: Try listening to some audiobooks/Podcasts while you sleep (not music). also take slow deep breaths (slows heart beat)

Lack of appetite: Try eating ice cream or other diary products (cheese, Yogurts). Milk will also work. also try new foods you wouldnt usually eat. if you really dont feel hungry just smell your food (smell usually triggers your appetite)

General Boredom: I found watching films/sports very helpful (distracts you from real world) or just getting out the house (walk or meal). long bath, Exercise is a great distaction (also clears it out your system quicker). when i had bad cravings i brushed my teeth or had some chewing gum

as each day goes by just take 5 mins to realize how much better you feel. (wake up with more energy, better motivation, generally feeling cleaner, clearer mind, more confidence, oh and more money)

I am 16 years old i have been smoking pot since i was 12 i didn't start smoking everday until i was 13
and i am trying to quit now i have been is the hospital 3 times in the past 2 days with pain in my stomach
i cant really eat anything and i can only drink water
I was just wondering if anyone else has felt this while quitting marijuana so i know that its not other problems in my stomach