Hi,I recently quit taking Pain killers after a 7 yr. love affair with them.I just got sick of being sick with out having them, and controlled by them.With shity mood swings coming down off of them.But Now I find myself in a psychological hell after stopping.I feel lazy,demotivated,And lots of anxiety,and just can't get moving.Just feels like I can feel every movement as dull boring pain!I feel like I'm 10 years older now. At least when I took the pills up to 4 a day @15mg per tablet of oxycodone I could stay motivated to work hard most of time.But I got so sick of the nod's early in the evenings,and lousy sleep I decide to quit.But after a month now I just don't feel much better mentally.How long will it take to start feeling better mentally and physically? Would lexapro help? I'm kinda scare of all pills now.I don't want to trade one addiction for another! Especially one that could give me anxiety or panic attacks if I decide to stop taking it! But I'm scared I will be temtped to go back on them soon if I can't get my mojo back and start living again! I home I did not screw up my mind for the rest of of life! (47 yr.old male that dosn't drink or smoke any more) Any thought please!

I'm coming off of Percocet right now as well, after about a year. I was taking 4 or 5 (10-325's) a day. After a few months, my back pain was still lingering even after physical therapy, so I just kept taking them. I'm also sick and tired of the mood swings, I feel like my wife wants to kill me half the time, which is definitely putting a strain on the marriage. It's been three days and I feel like a pile of c**p, depressed really really really bad, and completely unmotivated to even go into work, let alone eat.

I feel your pain and I hope we can start feeling better, and I've heard it varies depending on how long you've been taking meds for. I've been using for a year, so I've been told a week to two weeks in order to start feeling better. Since you've been using for 7 years, it probably going to take a bit longer. I was also told that working out really helps with withdrawal symptoms and drink a ton of water to help flush the toxins out of your body. This is what I started doing today and I'm sticking with it, despite the absolute rut I feel in. I just can't stand being controlled by these things anyone. Best of luck and let's keep our heads up.

I have been taking pain meds for about 3 years, but heavy for 2 years. I ended up trying methadone but abused that and was suppose to take 30mg a day and I took 140mg aday. The with drawls from methadone are absolutly worse than anything. I got on a drug called SUBOXONE that i really reccomend. With in an hour all the withdrawls go away. But my problem is mental. It is all I can think about. And i dont take just a few I take ALOT. I know i have only been a hard user for 2 years but i can take up to 40 perk 10mgs a day or 15 to 20 roxy 30mg per day like its nothing. The suboxone has the withdrawls under control, but i feel i can not be happy unless i take them. I am a better father, a better worker, a better husband, a beter everything when i am on them, but i know i need to quit i am only 27 years old! This is a jail sentence and I dont know what to do and my fiance will leave me if i go back to as bad as i was. Life is boring to me witout pain meds!!!!!!!!! Any recomendations on depression meds to help with this???please and thank you!

Hi, guys... My name is Amber and I live in Orlando , FL.....I am a single mom of two beautiful kids...i am on pain management for a car wreck and was ligitamely taking meds as prescribed. I am on 180 roxy 30 a month 60 oxys a month (40 mg) 90 loritab 10's a month and 90 xanax bars ....just went to the dr. ......like i have read what alot of you have stated. You feel so good wehn u are taking them. I flushed the reamaing of my scripts except my xanax......I am going thru withdrawals, I have only been off for about 2 days...been taking for 1 year and a half.....Iwont to e normal again. I dont want to have to depend on a pill to make me motivated to get up, be happy or just fulfull some lonliness that I guesss I am trying to fill....How long will it take me to feel better, I have the chills, then hot flasses....alot of diareaha....just no energy at all ....I refuse to live like this. I wish I would have never started taking this medicine...it helped w/ the pain at first and even thou I am prescribed 6 a day of 30 mg...actually was only taking around 4....Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep going and not giving up. I have anoth er appt at end of month, want the feeling of the pills (the euphoric)....but hate it when I dont have any left or just get tired of living this way.....I know this is probably all scattered out, but this is how my brain is functioning at this time. Any suggestions, please let me know. I pray for all of you that are trying to get better...and if we allcontinue to believe and know there is life out there, other than something making us numb and cold.......we can do it....i heard someone state suboxone, how would i go get that, do i go to my pain management dr and ask for it? Again, thanks to you all....Keep your chin up and remember ...we can get thru anything.....I am not sure if I am trying to convice yall or myself. lol....:-)

amber38- Stay with it and god luck. I went to a doc after having my first child recently. I have been in pain with 3 neck herniations, genetiocally passed on early onset arthritis, rotatot cuff tendanitus, and 2 low back herniations- all with sciatia that numbs various limbs, just like a heart attack does. it is scary and horrible!

I stopped taking 160 10/325 oxycodone (same ingredient as oxycontin) over a 2-3 day period. The DR I went to listened to me, explained that it was medically necessary for me to be on some sort of pain medication b/c of all my problems- and to avoid surgery, and she changed all of my PAIN scripts to just ONE active medicine- MS Contin 60mg's- 2 or 3x's day, with a breakthru med w/ the same active ingredient, morphine sulphate-immediate release 15 or 30 mg's IF needed. My life changed within 5-7 days. I am an active father, husband, working hard again-

This is because I listened when the doctor said "If you are taking HUNDREDS of ANY medication then you are NOT being medically supervised or appropriatly treated, you are being SCAMMED". I then saw the bills insurance paid ansd sure enough- the "pill mill dr" has made over 120k on my treatments, shots, so forth.

Looking at the combination of meds you list- I can totally understand why you are so miserable. My advice- go to a doctor that CARES, change your meds to JUST ONE ACTIVE MED, with another on hand for flare ups. You WILL get thru withdrawal, I highly suggest the xanax or some valium- It WILL/DOES stop withdrawal symptoms- I PROMISE. Know that It won't stop them 100%, but if you really want to stop all of the insane medicine you are prescribed, stop ruining your body....then you WILL STOP ABUSING THEM.

Good luck- Stealin' Time from the faulty plan.

I have been abusing narcotics for four years and am in the same boat. I am trying to stop but it is mentally harder than the physical withdrawls. To help with withdrawls I take about five Imodium pills but the depression is going to be there for a long time. An anti depressant can help a bit but really time heals all wounds. As for the anxiety pills, they can be just as addicting as the pain meds but do help with withdrawls. I agree with an exercise regimen and eating right but it seems impossible to carry out when you do not even want to get out of bed. Good luck to all those afflicted with this chemical dependency epidemic.

Jail sentence wrote:

TAKE METHDOME PILLS FOR 5 DAYS THEN SWITCH TO SUBOXON FOR 5 DAYS I PROMISE YOU YOU WILL FEEL BETTER WITH NO WITHDRAWALS AND TRY AND STRUGGLE FOR A FEW DAYS AFTER THAT IT TAKES A GOOD MONTH TO START GETTING THAT GIDDY SMILE BACK AND WANNA DO THINGS......I DID IT AND WILL NEVER GO BACK CAUSE I KNOW LIFE IS BETTER WITH OUT THEM!!!!!! THERE THE DEVIL!!! ITS GOTTA BE IN YOUR HEART TO WANNA DO IT ...I FEEL AMAZING AND YOU WILL TO JUST STRUGGLE FOR THAT LITTLE LITTLE TIME........THE OLD ME IS BACK AND ITS SO GREAT TO BE FREE OF THAT HOLE!!!!    YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Jail sentence wrote:

I will tell you I have been there and done that!!! If you just let yourself suffer at least 7 days without any substitutes, well mabey high blood pressure medicine and something to calm your nerves (not zanax) It is a miserable withdrawl but it does end. Sometimes, just act like your in jail but with alot more freedom, cause that is where you will end up. It will get better, much better.. I promise you.... Once you start feeling better do one good thing that you have been putting off a day. Your self esteem and happiness will come back. gauaranteed!!!! Your mind has alot to do with it. Control back of yourself is the biggest high of all.

HAPPY wrote:

Jail sentence wrote:

if you go to detox and you are home two days and you see blue powder on the side of a persons nose is that normal for something to be there or does that mean its going on again or whats going on?

hello, Ive been sober for a week from 30mg perks 4-6 a day snorting them. The withdrawls have gone, what hell, that was!! But Im going on 2 weeks and I still feel drowsy, lack of energy and i just dont feel like getting out of bed. I have 3 very very young chilren, which is the main reason i knew i had to stop. Me and my husband are both recovering and he seems to be dealing with it alot better then i am. I know alot is in my head cause im always thinking to myself that if i were on a perk id be able to do that. I dont want to feel this way. I mean it takes all the energy i have to just pick up my babies and put them in the car. I cant funtion and i still have some trembles in my hands and my legs are so weak that it takes alot for me to just walk up the stairs. And i wanted to know how much longer will it take to get back to the way i was before the abuse (but asking this question, i cant even remember what normal feels like). I cry all the time and i cant stop thinking about wanting to binge and just do a perk so i can take care of my kids! I know the worst part is over physically but mentally is killing me and the muscle aches are too! I know that i dont want to go back to it, but why do i keep thinking of doing them again? I was using for about 14 months and each month just got worse as my tolerance just kept building. I never wanted to try methadone or the suboxones, as i have family who are now addicted to them and the withdrawl off of them is ten times worse.  I dont want to go to one addicition to another. Please someone tell me that it wont be much longer. My husband keeps telling me youll be back to normal within a week....but reading other posts and speaking with my cousin, it seems as tho it may take months!!! HELP i do not want to relapse just because i feel weak and have no motivation for anything!!!!

Thanks Lacrus

HELLO I PREVIOUSLY POSTED A COMMENT UNDER GUEST AMD THEN REGISTERED. PLEASE REVIEW MY POST UNDER GUEST THAT IS SIGNED LACRUS THANK YOU

i  I a long time opiate user/abuser. I do have 5 buldging disc and athritus.  I  been through epidoral steroid shots and there just get this getting bigger and 1 is about to crack. I believe its the l4.Anyway, I take 1 15mg oxycodone 5x day and 90 klonopin also ambien if needed, the problem is now i snort them for the past 2 yearse.Someone woke me up to try that way IT CHANGED EVERYTHING.  Now im always out 15 days longest  THIS MONTH. The withdraws are un human, NoUPbody deserves them,ITs the devil  anyone who has this issue knows  HOT BODY WHEN  A.C IS BLASTING    NONORMAL SLEEP MAYBE 3 HRS THEN IS HR WAKE HE  ANOTHER 1.5 YOUR UP AGAIN HOT AND CRAMPY  STOMACHE ACHES BAD YOUR SO WEAK YOU DONT EVEN WANT TO GET UP TO PEE BUT U GOTTA.then you  sr freezing walking to bathroom so so cold. then your hot again PLaYS GAMES WITH MIND   ITS AWFUL and you cant stop thinking of the appt. in 14 days and how your gonna manage  to  and scramble to get by getting 30s etc.... whaterver it takes until next appt if i was dry mmore than 2 days ould go detox  ITS HARD I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF MOM WHOS 77 WITH MS AND HAVE THIS ISSUE so i cant jusst go to detox and leave her alone My bros live far away i have a cat      does gabapentin  really help?????withdraw or is it a myth (nuerontin)same thing.  1 DAY THESE WITHDRAWS ARE GONNA KILL Me  i need   to manage my pills better and make it 28-29 days    150 15s is plenty wtf is my brain so fk greedy that i constantly out fk 15 days or lil  more every mmonth      its the snorting    q uick euphoria then hr later 45mg gone wasted 3 snorting   i should just follow fk directions     P.S   withdraws are the worst thing you could go through besides actually dieing.     At times    the othe seems better.

i have been taking pain killers for 15 yrs. i started takin them when i got my wisdom teeth pulled. i didnt notice the feeling that they were giving me at first. Until i no longer had them. Ever since then i have been on the hunt. Taking up to 160mg of oxycodone a day. I used to be the hardest worker on the team. Now the thought of work terrifies me. I am trying to quit these stupid pills. It is very very hard. Day 3 withdrawls are usually the worst. But i am on day 10 and still have some leg pain and low energy. I can say i do feel ten times better than before, but not 100%. Also been super depressed at times. Because of pain pills i have lost everything, my house my nice 88 Monte Carlo SS, even my furniture i had to leave behind because i couldnt afford a freaken storage shed. I have to start completley over because of oxycodone. Even lost my job because i could no longer work without them. I just want to feel happy and have energy again. How long am i going to feel like this.

I have been on pills for about 4 years. For the last years it was eith 250 to 300 roxys, or 100 mg methadone a day. I spent my life savings, lost a great job and OD'ed twice--died and was brought back. It was hell. I remember the last time I OD'ed they did not expect me to live. The first thing I remember is trying to breath and oxygenate my body. Could not get enough air. I have a dream I was under a pile of people getting crushed and slowly regained full consiousness. The nurses and doctors look at you like a piece of sh__. I feel like sh*t now, but I met a great woman and I must be sober to enjoy life with her and for her to trust me--she does not know. I have gone through withdrawl before, but this time I welcome it. It will be a reminder of the  inevitable and the truth is one cannot maintain a pill habit and a normal life. Jail is a constant worry when scoring and getting a job is tough because you must bring someone elses pee in with you. I know it will take time for my brain to start making feel good chemicals again, but at least I can look forward to it, thing will get better. Brothers and sisters hear me now. It is impossible to be an addict your whole like and living life as a sheep owned by the local methadone clinic is pitiful. They treat you like a piece of sh__ too. Things could be worse. You will recover unlike those with terminal disease or stuck in a wheel chair. After the initial acute withdrawl is gone you will start to feel clean and proud. Only us junkys know how strong you must be to beat opiate addiction. You will feel proud to have won the war--literaly a war. You won't feeel like a chump when scoring and that nagging worry about when you run out will be history. I am only day 2 of no methadone and really scared of what is to come, but in a month I will feel better and in a year even better. Those not in our shoes are peeking now. At least we know as time heals we will get bettter physically and mentally. Writing this for encouragment has helped me too. If NA and AA are not your thing, then fiind something else to grab onto weather it is fishing, nature, exercise or family. I wish all of you the best and know that only a strong person can start over and give up the thing loved the most--opiate bliss. Good luck to all of you.

Hi my name is Rex and u can do it and yes suboxone is the way I did it and it was mind blowing how easy it made quitting. I went to jail a few years ago and went thru hell detoxing. Got out after 90 days and went right back to my addiction even though I was clean. I was just going to celebrate with one the night I got out but it got right back to controlling my life. I hit rock bottom. I was stealing from family and friends to get high. It changed my whole personality and all my beliefs and morals went out the window. Anyway I was ready to quit and find the honest kind outgoing person I once was. I got one suboxone strip from a friend and cut it in four pieces. I took a piece the first and second day, nothing the third I felt fine. I took a piece the fourth because it was Friday and I just got paid so I didn't want to go do something stupid like buy a pill. The subs have opiate blocker in them so u wouldn't feel the pill if u did one. Felt fine all weekend. And flushed the last piece of sub. That was weeks ago and I feel great, physically and mentally. No depression, sh**s sweats, shakes or any other symptoms I got when I didn't have pills. Its amazing but don't just trade meds. Had a friend go to the doc to get off pills and they told to take 4 strips a day for 6 months. When he quit the subs he got 10 times sicker than he did off pills for way longer. If u go to a doc for subs remember they make money to keep u on meds. I know sounds to good to be true but I was taking ten 30s a day and quit with 3 quarters of a sub. The best part is having my mental strength back. A friend of mine got in my car Friday with a bottle full of 30s and I had no desire to do one. He offered two for giving him a ride and I said no thanks and had him get me a red bull instead. A month ago it would have drove me crazy having them in the car. I would have taken the two and started scheming up ways to get more. Anyway sorry so long just happy and excited to be sober after six years of hell. I have faith in you. Get one sub and get your life back.