I am a 42 yr old male and had a hemorrhoidectomy on September 27 and every time i get to feeling better start bleeding again not just a dribble but a steady flow collects in my lower intestines causing me to have to release every 30 minutes or so.. My hemoglobin and hemocrat was low last week taking iron but with the bleeding continuing i am worried it is not getting any better. 

Legend
Hi Crood,

You should definitely be seeing improvement by now.  Depending upon the procedure maybe 2 weeks or so?  Are you still on stool softeners?  Are they helping?

Was it the same doctor that tested your blood?

An examination by the doctor is in order.  You should not be losing that much blood on a regular basis.

medic-dan wrote:

Hi Crood,

Still on stool softners they are working well. Same dr done surgery and blood work. I like my dr but wonder if i need a second opinion on the bleeding may not be as bad as i think my hemoglobin and hemocrat are coming up according to blood work from yesterday. Just annoying and not wanting to make a mess in the bed just bought a new expensive mattress. Have discovered that wearing underwear with womens pads does collect the blood sounds gross but anyone having the same trouble it works..

Legend
Crood347 wrote:

medic-dan wrote:

Hi Crood,

Good idea on the pads.

It's good that the values are improving. Maybe you just need a bit more time. As long as things are improving.

Hang in there.