Hi, I was obsessed with my weight for many years and sometimes I even starved. However, I’m sick of being skinny, and I want to be normal. I don’t need information about diet, I just want to know how many calories do we need per day to be healthy and not to gain more weight than we need.

Hi, all the energy from food calories that we eat should be the same as amount of energy that we spend. That’s why you have to know how many calories food that you eat has, and how many calories are spent by exercises and activities that you do during the day. There should be a balance, because it is the only way to be healthy. If that balance is disturbed, you will gain or lose weight. The simplest way to calculate your daily calorie requirements is by multiplying your weight by 17 (this is a formula for moderately active people). You could get 1500 calories simply by eating 300g of chocolate. However, it would be very wrong, because it is important that you get those calories from different kinds of food, especially from fruits and vegetables. Most often, junky food has lot of calories, and that’s why people gain weight so easily.