Good day everyone. I am here because I want to see am I weird or what? I am joking, but I really want to share one of my strange experiences with you. When I started to struggle with anxiety, I didn't know what to do. But I believed that I am not alone, that I have my "wonderful" girl there for me, no matter what. Well, I was wrong. When I told her about this she told me that she is there for me, of course. But she started to run away from me and very soon, she started to cheat on me.

I don't know did she believed that I am stupid because I have this disorder. I let her to think that she is smarter than me, but one day I caught her in her lies. To cut long story short, my anxiety made me realize that I was dating wrong person.

Is this possible? What do you think about this? 

Celebrity

Hi there. 

It looks like that some people can learn some life lessons from their diseases. You are one of those samples. You are one of those persons who tried to find the best in the trouble. I think that you do know what I mean.

It is very hard to maintain the relationship when someone is not healthy. But it is also very wrong to believe that someone is silly just because he or she has certain issues. 

I do believe that this is possible, but I don't know anyone who told me that anxiety brought him or her something good.

No, no. You got me wrong, I think. I realized that anxiety is not the thing that made my relationship to fail. She was the reason why this relationship failed and anxiety helped me to realize this. I really tried to be there for her, I was buying her a lot of things, presents, gifts, etc, but she believed that I won't be able to see that she is cheating. It took me around 10 months to realize this. The worse thing was because I was tried to convince myself that this is my fault and that she is out of our home so often because she can't watch me suffer, because she don't know how to deal with my issues. God, I was so wrong.

Thanks God that I am not the only one who had this experience. I haven't told this to anyone because I believed that people will think that I am silly. I remember that I told my sister one day - thanks to my disease I do know who my ex boyfriend is now. She looked at me like I am crazy and I was not. I was wondering what is the main reason why my ex changed his behavior, why he has changed when it comes to our relationship. I believed that he is the victim because he needs to deal with my attacks with me, but I was a victim. Now when I look back, I can be sure that I was not grumpy or something else because of this. He was the problem.

Superstar

You seem just like a regular naive guy, Guest, no offense, but buying her all that stuff and with her treating you like that, quite naive indeed.

You know what they say, if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. The ones who truly care about you will stick around during your darkest hours and they will help you overcome these times. And again, there are plenty of women out there, as well as men, Leara, so never settle for less than what you deserve. We accept the love we think we deserve.

Resident

All of this made you open your eyes, it is not uncommon at all. It is during the hard times that you realize who really cares about you, you will never realize this if the things are going smooth. 

How are you doing now, Guest? Is your anxiety still around or did you manage to overcome it? If you managed to overcome it, you can give some advice here for people who are still fighting anxiety, if you have any tips and you can maybe tell them how to notice if their loved one isn't what they thought he or she is.

It happened to me once, I wasn't suffering from anxiety but I was suffering from depression. I was dating this guy for 6 months when I started to be depressed. He was there in the beginning but not for too long. He eventually stopped asking how I was, he slowly stopped coming to see me and we rarely went outside together. At one point, we completely stopped talking to each other. I got better over time and when he saw me happy again and enjoying life, he wanted us to be together again. Well, I told him that will never happen again.

There is nothing new here, everyone who ever had a hard time in any way knows that these hard times show you who your true and real friends are. I had this period and it appeared that even my family wasn't there to help me out. I got rid of all my friends after the problems that I had and I barely speak with my family now. It is not hard, once you realize that someone doesn't really care about you, whether they are family or not, you just cut them out of your life and you proceed on your own.