New Reply New Topic Followed by 50 people

I was on depo for 10 years, when I first started I weighed 110 lbs and I have gained over 100 lbs I can not lose this weight at all no matter what I try and believe me I have tried many diets and still nothing any ideas on how to lose this weight

I was on the depo for 10 years and my period never came back and gained over 100 lbs while on depo my eating habits have been almost the same from before I started using depo I am trying to get the weight off still good luck

It isnt anxiety that makes women think they're pregnant on depo it's the hormones! Depo tricks your body into thinking you're pregnant so you may feel a lot of the same symptoms as you would when pregnant e.g. hugh emotions, high anxiety, sweats, depression, to name a few. Don't know if the weight gain has anything to do with that or not but I'm 2 months since my last shot and not getting it again.....fingers crossed because I've gained 60 pounds in the 4 years I've been on it!

I must say I completely agree with you! Drs. are so full of sh*t! They fail to tell you the horrible truth about this method and the enormous amount of psychological damage it does to you and your body. This product should permanently be removed from the market.

I been on the shot for two years and just like you for the first year in a half I was not affected by this horrible method. Months later I was in a depresive state of mind and suicidal. Gaining weight like crazy and not that I was pigging out since Iam extremely physically active and athletic but emotionally I started feeling different and different to the point where I just simply lost my spark. Depo definitely works differently on everyone and I don't think you should be insensitive to other peoples feelings by your remarks since you are not in any one else's struggle with this horrible method.

I have had this same problem! I was 150lbs healthy soccer player. Now I'm right at 200 due to the shot I've been on for a year. I diet an work out all the time and see no change.

I was on the Depo shot for nine months. I gained 30 pounds. Iv now been off the shot for 7 months. Iv tried everything to lose the weight. The only thing that has been working is eating under 500 cals a day. So far Iv lost 10 of the 30 gained... the depo shot was the worst decision Iv ever made. Still haven't gotten my period back either after 7 months...

Amen, As soon i as i gave birth i was back to my regular size, after taking the shot for 9 months im bigger then when i was pregnant and it really sucks. im so young and i feel like the shot destroyed my body, i have stretch marks i never had after giving birth.

I am a fitness and health instructor...I like to think I'm very for and healthy. I've been on depo for 9 years. In the last year I've gained 8lbs and feel like I want to curl up and sleep for a week. I've decided to quit depo bc I'm pissed about the weight and how I feel. Your post hit home. Thanks for sharing

Depo shouldn't even be on the market.

If I may ask, how much do you weigh now? This has given me so much hope, so please let me know how it's been going for you!!

I've been on depo for a few years now in 2014 My starting weight was 164 after having my son and getting the shot . I am up to 230 without changing my diet or anything. Started working out and cut out pop and less calories a day and still can't drop a pound. I won't be taking the shot anymore. It did its purpose being birth control , but the weight gain is horrible.

Try excercise with a plant-based diet until you reach your goal weight. It works!

Wow this message was strong and so needed thank you. I was googling life after depo because I don't think I'll go for my next dose. I've been on it a year and though the weight gain I don't mind (I was under weight before depo) it's the migraines and INTENSE body pain that keep me from day to day life things like my JOB which is super important. Yeah- I'm definitely getting off this. Women are definitely treated crappy in the medical world. In this world period.

Ok this reply is years later, my last sh*t was Dec 2016, I have yet to get a period, I started at 125 pounds, I now weigh 145, I seriously look pg, everyone asks me if I am. I was never informed about side effects, I tom myself off cause I was warned it can make you infertal....