New Reply New Topic Followed by 50 people

I was on depo for 10 years, when I first started I weighed 110 lbs and I have gained over 100 lbs I can not lose this weight at all no matter what I try and believe me I have tried many diets and still nothing any ideas on how to lose this weight

I was on the depo for 10 years and my period never came back and gained over 100 lbs while on depo my eating habits have been almost the same from before I started using depo I am trying to get the weight off still good luck

It isnt anxiety that makes women think they're pregnant on depo it's the hormones! Depo tricks your body into thinking you're pregnant so you may feel a lot of the same symptoms as you would when pregnant e.g. hugh emotions, high anxiety, sweats, depression, to name a few. Don't know if the weight gain has anything to do with that or not but I'm 2 months since my last shot and not getting it again.....fingers crossed because I've gained 60 pounds in the 4 years I've been on it!

I must say I completely agree with you! Drs. are so full of sh*t! They fail to tell you the horrible truth about this method and the enormous amount of psychological damage it does to you and your body. This product should permanently be removed from the market.

I been on the shot for two years and just like you for the first year in a half I was not affected by this horrible method. Months later I was in a depresive state of mind and suicidal. Gaining weight like crazy and not that I was pigging out since Iam extremely physically active and athletic but emotionally I started feeling different and different to the point where I just simply lost my spark. Depo definitely works differently on everyone and I don't think you should be insensitive to other peoples feelings by your remarks since you are not in any one else's struggle with this horrible method.

I have had this same problem! I was 150lbs healthy soccer player. Now I'm right at 200 due to the shot I've been on for a year. I diet an work out all the time and see no change.