Celebrity

My friend is really bad lately. She is in the relationship with one boy who is totally different than her, his behavior is strange. Well, she fell in love with him and she accepted him with all these problems that he is dealing with.

But the main problem is because I can see that this relationship is making her also depressed and I really don't want to see her like that. 

I don't know if this has something to do with this relationship or not, but I am sure that it is not easy for her. She recently found out that he is dealing with borderline personality disorder, and she was almost sure that he has some kind of depression.

I want to know one thing - How to be in relationship with someone who has borderline personality disorder?

Love is blind

Hello Hannah,

And no, Guest, love ain't blind. That sounds pathetic to me. Why would you let someone treat you bad or molest you or anything? No way, I wouldn't do it for I don't know what.

My advice would be for her to leave him. I cannot just simply tell you how to be with someone suffering from borderline personality disorder. You know how their moods change and how they are depressed and anxious and angry most of the time. If you wanna date someone like this, then you need to accept this and to go along with whatever they do.

Yeah, it's hard. I've done this once and I swore and promised to myself that I am never ever going to date someone who has borderline personality disorder again.

This is quite easy if you are okay with the fact that this person can change its mood in one second, he can hate you in one second and love you at another. He will never know what he wants, he changes his opinions and thoughts in the same way as he changes his mood. Since he is so insecure about himself, it is very likely that he will cheat on you as well.

I am suffering from borderline personality disorder. Don't worry, I am not offended or anything, all that you said is really true and you are right. I had two relationships so far and neither one of them turned out good. I was cursed at, I had objects thrown at me and I no longer speak with these two girls. After these two relationships ended, I've decided to stop dating and to just live my life alone. If someone who seems right comes along, I will try, but I am afraid that I will push away that person as well no matter what.

I am sorry to hear that, Guest, but it is a great plus that you are aware of your condition and your flaws. There is a small amount of people that can do that and that is what makes you special in a way. I am sure that you will be able to fight this, you seem strong enough to manage it.

As for you and your friend, Hannah, I think Guest gave you enough info to know what to do (and others as well). In the end, it all comes down to your friend, whether or not she wants to date him.

Celebrity

Now, I am reading all your posts and I am reading my post as well. I wrote that this boy suffers from depression, but I wrote this because she was totally sure that he is depressed until she found out that he has this borderline personality disorder.

I hope that you understand me, because I really don't like to post topics for someone else or post topics because I want to help someone else.

But she is really my good friend and I am scared for her.

I saw her today and she is really out of her mind...

I am sad for her. 

Hey Hannah. That was a little bit weird for me as well so I didn't answer on your question, but now I see. A lot of people actually believe that depression and borderline personality disorder is totally the same, but it is not. Those are totally two different things.

Anyway, I don't agree with Guest who wrote that love is blind. If she really loves him, she will help him, right?

She is going to be there for him no matter what. Anyway, this type of disorder is not very serious. But like Nina told you, he can do some things, things that will hurt her. 

People believe that this is nothing that bad but in my opinion it is. I have BPD and I know that I hurt a lot of people because of it. It is not something that I wanted to do, but I did. And I can't forgive myself. Here is what you need to know about this disorder. It is emotional disorder and sometimes we don't know what we are doing. We act in the way that we don't want to, but we do certain things for some unknown reasons. Borderline personality disorder symptoms vary from person to person and women are more likely to have this disorder than men, but guess what? We do have this type of disorders as well. And trust me, it is very hard to be in the relationship with someone like me...