Guys, I am feeling so lost. I just can't deal with my anxiety disorder. Not anymore. I used to be very happy person and this anxiety downgraded me totally. I believed that I can deal with it but I can't. Don't ask me have I went to talk to an expert, because I did. And guess what? Nothing was not helpful for me. So I desperately need for help, I need someone to tell me what to do. I can see that here are a lot of cases and I really want to know what do you think, what is the best way to deal with anxiety with anxiety relief techniques?

Celebrity

I am extremely sorry because you can't find anything that can help you feel better. But you need to keep trying. You need to have a will to fight against anxiety. 

Anxiety is a mental state which everyone has experienced from time to time and it is natural to feel stressed. But you have some bigger shape of anxiety I think. 

There are some things that can help you, beside your therapists as well. You can try to avoid coffee, because this very famous drink can lead to anxiety. Also, don't drink alcohol. Avoid food that is not good for you. Maybe it is time to seek an advice from nutritionist? 

Hey there. But the biggest "problem" is that I am not drinking coffee or alcohol. I am a tea lover and I drink tea everyday. Now, about food - we can discuss about this, but I believe that I am eating pretty much healthy indeed. I don't know what else I could do to avoid or stop this ugly condition. True is, I am not doing anything with my body, I do not exercise or running at all. But I don't see how this can help me, of course, if exercising is on the list of those relief techniques. I am also very surprised because talks to my therapist haven't helped me at all. But I don't know what to do about this.

Celebrity

Hey, sure that you can exercise. That is on "to do" list. So, start to exercise as soon as possible. Here is what you can do.

Consider giving yoga a try. We all do know that yoga is really amazing and helpful. Well, maybe it is a good time to make this physical activity particularly conducive to calming anxiety.

One more tip what you should do while you exercise -breathing deeply and slowly will immediately decrease your stress level and anxiety levels. Most people practice shallow chest breathing, drawing breath into their lungs and exhaling at a rapid rate. You should find a good techniques to breath deeply. 

Contributor

There is a number of different anxiety relief techniques and all of these are kind of different, it all depends on which one of these techniques do you wish to try. You can find all of these techniques on the internet with the instructions on how to do them properly. Find the one you like, give it a try and see how it goes, if you don't happen to like it, pass on to another one (there are minimum 10 of different techniques) and do this until you are satisfied with one of these, then stick to it until you get better.

I think that the most important part when it comes to dealing with anxiety is breathing. If you learn how to breath properly, you are half way there.

Here is what I know about how to deal with anxiety. First of all, you need to take a deep breath. Then, you need to admit to yourself that you are anxious. You need to realize that your brain is playing tricks on you and you need to question your thoughts. You need to focus on positive things and you need to tell yourself that this is not you, you need to stay calm until it passes.

Resident

There are a few techniques which I have heard about but all of these strive towards the same goal: for you to realize that you are dealing with anxiety, noticing how your brain works while having an anxiety attack and learning how to control your thoughts and how to stay calm when this happens. Since there are a few techniques but they all tend to do the same thing, you can use any of these and see what happens, just be sure to follow the instructions closely and you should be just fine. Everything can be done if you want it enough.