Celebrity

Hello everyone.

So I really need your help. Well, not exactly me, but my friend's wife has a lot of problems and he thinks that he won't be able to deal with them anymore. 

He found her medical records while he was digging through her things. He believed that she is cheating on him because for last couple of months she is acting really weird.

Well, while he was doing this he found medical records and he found out that she has social anxiety, social phobia and shyness. How to deal with all those things?

He is completely out of his mind...

Supporter

Wait, wait...She is dealing with ALL those diagnoses? And he didn't notice that she has going through something really bad?

Well, forgive me, but what he was doing? It is no weird because she didn't wanted to tell this to him. He needed to notice that she has some problems. And I think that you do agree with me. 

Anyway, social anxiety and social phobia are pretty much the same thing. First that she can do is to consult her doctor to see for how long she is going through this, because sometimes this requires the pills. 

Does he even know how serious her condition is? 

Celebrity

Yes, I understand what you are saying. He is anyway my friend and I do know him very good and I do know that he would notice that something is wrong with her, but he is not at home too often.

While he is on his job, she was at home, when he came home, she runs away. That is why he believed that she is cheating on him. She even wanted to ask her about divorce.

I don't have a idea for how long, he told me that those medical records are more than 5 moths old. I don't know is she taking any antidepressants. 

Supporter

Sorry, but still no excuse. He should noticed that something is going on because she was running away from him. That was not strange for him?

OK!

First, he needs to talk to her and ask her more about it. The most important thing in this case is to learn to control the breath. That is a clue. 

Also, he needs to help her to get rid of all negative thoughts because I am almost sure that she has a lot of them. He needs to get her trust back because I am not more than sure that she doesn't believe him anymore. 

Hi you two. Look, it is silly to try to figure out whose fault this is. It is no one's fault and this could happen to anyone. Instead, try to find a way to help this lady. It can be very hard to overcome this and that is why she needs to get help. I know more about shyness and some ways how to overcome it. First, he needs to convince her to start act more confident because it is obvious that she is having problems with it because she is running away. Also, she needs to be active. She needs to talk to someone and she needs to limit her caffeine intake.

Supporter

You know what the real problem here is? The real problem is that she doesn't trust him enough to tell him about this. If she did, she would have told him and they would have already found a way to treat this together.

She needs professional help, she needs someone to talk to. Someone to talk to would be great but there is a glitch when it comes to social anxiety because people suffering from social anxiety find it hard to talk to other people, that is why she really needs a psychologist. I won't comment about their marriage problems, that's their personal thing.

This is a delicate thing that two of them have and it is only their concern, it is not anybody's business to think or talk about what is good thing to do when it comes to their marriage. 

Social anxiety, all kinds of anxiety and all kinds of phobias are supposed to be treated alongside with a psychologist, so this woman should probably start seeing a psychologist. This would just be the first step since he will tell her how to fight this and which steps to take next. If she really wants to overcome this, he should be able to help her.

Resident

Like others have already told you, this is something that is treated with the help of a psychologist. I mean, you can always try and treat it by yourself but that is the harder way, it is way easier to do it with the help of a psychologist since this is really a mental condition and when it comes to mental conditions, it is very hard to treat this on your own because your problems are in your head and you cannot simply change the way you think. This is why psychologists play a big role here, I hope that you understand this.

That is simply weird, if you were living with someone, you would have definitely noticed that there was something wrong with them, there are three possible reasons why you wouldn't have noticed it: you don't spend much time together, you have no idea what anxiety is, and the third would be that you don't actually care or pay attention to this person.

She can't treat this unless she wants to treat it. If she wants to treat it, she needs to talk to her doctor and he will tell her what to do next, that would be better than anything else.