Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Hi! Recently I have been stung by a bee. I think it was a bee. Anyway, it was painful but noting serious didn’t happen. I didn’t have any allergic reaction. Is that means that I’m not allergic to insect venom? How to find out if I am allergic to bee sting?

Loading...

As I know, the person who is not hypersensitive to bee stings can tolerate one to five stings at a time. If you don’t know are you hypersensitive to bee stings, you should get an allergy test done. There are skin test and Radioallergosorbent Test (RAST). Skin testing is the preferred method and the procedure is similar to testing for pollen or pet allergies.
Reply

Loading...

I was stung by a bee and my back was swollen bigger than a softball! Does that mean that im allergic?

Reply

Loading...

Well,
This is very dangerous allergy. I know that bee stings can be deadly to people who are allergic to bee stings. If you were sting by the bee and you had no reaction to the sting except the pain, then you are not allergic to bee stings. If you were allergic you would most likely have swellings and problems with breathing as well. You would have a high fever and your eyes would be painful and bloody. You have to test your self at the hospital in order to know what allergies do you have. I hope that you will be able to do this and that this post helped you in any way.

Good luck,
Karel
Reply

Loading...

I am pretty certain I'm allergic to bee stings. The first time I was stung I was very young. My face swelled up to the point where my eyes were nearly swollen shut. The reaction has been similar with each subsequent sting (about 3 total stings), regardless of where I'm stung. It's not a very attractive sight. My doctor has since prescribed an epi-pen, just in case future stings result in my not being able to breathe.
Reply

Loading...