pour vinegar over it to stop the burn don't pour water over it

Msds is key. Every employee has a right to see it and should be shown it before they use the chemical! You're a great man.

what is Diphoterine please, is it available at pharmacies ?

Sorry I did not identify myself in my previous question
Iam Mr Ron Flynn. of swansea, west Glamorgan, south wales, united kingdom,
I worked in a chemical factory for many years, as a storeman, bot had to into departments
that handled sodium hydroxide, and the had plastic bottles on the walls, around the department, but, I did not know what was in these bottles, I have since retired, and the factory
gone out of business.
thanks for your advice
regards
RonFlynn(Mr)

Washing up liquid does the trick with cold water as I have been burnt manny times

does Sodium hydroxide stop burning tissue or continue endless? and how deep will it burn into tissue?

It is but it reacts much faster it is acetic acid u know

Try to put lemon squeeze in the affected area then rinse with water. Very effective. No more ichy and burning sensation. Ciao.

Excellent info. I was making homemade soap and got some lye in a cut! OH MY GOODNESS! I poured organic cider vinegar on it-the temporary sting of the vinegar was nothing compared to the burn of the white-foaming lye in my cut! Thank GOD I had the vinegar on hand. It stopped the burning of the lye almost immediately, THEN, I rinsed with lukewarm water. Whew!

The waxy stuff is saponification. You are literally turning the oils on your skin to soap!!!