My skin has been so fragile and thin recently. I'm not sure if it's because of weather, because I have been stressed lately and my diet hasn't been all that healthy either, or because I've been overloading my skin with too many products that have been bad for it. 

It seems like I need to give my skin a break from chemical cosmetic products in any case... so I would like to see what herbs or vitamins I can use to treat thin skin and return it to normal. Do you have any tips for me, please? I obviously want to avoid herbs that can inflame my skin. 

That's an interesting question. I'd think that specifically designed cosmetic creams such as those containing hyaluronic acid or vitamin E would help you with thin skin a lot faster than herbs or vitamins. Vitamin C serum is often recommended though, so I wonder if ingesting vitamin C, either as a vitamin supplement or in citrus fruits for example, could help you treat your thin skin as well. Certainly, vitamin C contributes to cell multiplication and you need enough of it to have healthy looking skin.

I don't actually think that any cream or substance can make your skin thicker. However, I do believe that are creams about that can actually make you look better. And concealer or BB cream can do a good job as well. As for herbs to treat your skin, good nourishment can make your skin glow and look healthier. I would suggest trying a steam bath with chamomile, which is very soothing for the skin. Afterwards, you can put some nice avocado oil on your face. This has lots of good vitamin for the skin and will feed your skin nicely.

Celebrity

Herbs or vitamins. 

Like I said before, Biotin. Biotin is supposed to be the main ingredient in hair, nail and skin vitamins, along with vitamin E I think, but it can also be used by itself. As far as I know, Biotin is supposed to stimulate cell regeneration. For sure, it's meant to make your nails thicker, your hair grow faster, that kind of thing, so if I were looking to treat thin skin, that is where I would start looking. 

I have heard mixed things about vitamin C serums. They might irritate your skin, but might also be used to thicken the skin? 

Celebrity
Yes, biotin is something that definitely stimulates hair growth and promotes skin health. Apart from that, anyone who is looking for healthy skin, nails, and hair should also make sure they are getting enough zinc, iron, vitamin C, and vitamin D. Taking a fish oil supplement is another great way to get healthier skin!

For a general skin detox, a topical product you will want to investigate, OP, is Manuka honey. It has powerful antibacterial properties and can really cleanse the skin and draw out impurities.

Rosie

Health Advisor

Hiya, I'd recommend Nature's Bounty extra strength hair, skin & nail vitamins for thin skin. It contains key nutrients and vitamins for the skin, that should help restore it to its full health. I've used this myself for brittle nails and dull looking hair that wouldn't grow very fast and it took a while to really kick in but I think the hair, skin & nail vitamins really helped in the end. Just remember to take them daily and you should be noticing a real difference after about a month. Good luck with that, it sucks to have poor quality skin!