My daughter in law is pregnant and addicted to hydrocodone, has not seen a doctor except when she had seizures. She claims she is epiliptic. This could be a lie though. But she has had one severe seizure. How is the hydrocodone effecting my unborn grandchild.

While I was pregnant with my second child I had severe back pain. My ob/gyn doctor placed me on hydrocodone 10mg. 1 3x a day for pain as needed.

My doctor told me this would be safe for my baby given that I taper off of them atleast 6 weeks before my baby was due. I ended up coming off of them about 8 weeks before my little girl was born, and she was nearly 8 pounds and had apgar scores of 9 and 10. In other words she was a very healthy baby. She is now 5 years old and has never sufferred in any way from my use of hydrocodone during my pregnancy. As long as your daughter in law does not abuse this medication, and tapers off as well, your grandbaby should be healthy. I hope this information was somewhat helpful for you. Good luck!

Im also pregnant and my dentist has given my hydrocodone because i have sever dental pain, that i refuse to take care of while im pregnant. My OB has approved it as well as ultram. but i am scared to death, im 5 months along and ive been taking hydrocodone for almost my entire pregnancy. I worry everyday of my life if my baby is going to be ok.

Was baby ok?