I would like to hear if hypervascosity is treatable and how much dangerous hypervascosity could be. The fact is that my 61 years old dad has been diagnosed 5 months ago with multiple myeloma which was established after taking some sample of his bone marrow and than the biopsy was done. Anyway he is now being treated with combination of two drugs- melphalan and prednisone that are to be taken orally for 7 days each month. And few days ago my dad had his last control when he was advised to have bone marrow transplantation but the same day he was told he also has hypervascosity syndrome and I am now afraid if this hypervascosity condition could worsen his current health condition and what does that mean?

Being diagnosed with hypervascosity means that your dad's blood is very thick due to the protein that are actually overproduced in patients with multiple myeloma so hypervascosity is actually very common in such patients and usual hypervascosity treatment approach consists of treating its underlying cause which is already in progress in your dad –so basically treating his actual condition by taking those meds hyperviscosity is being treated at the same time though there is also another hypervascosity treatment opt known as "plasmapheresis" whose results are almost instant and it consists of removal abnormal proteins out of patient's blood by using some machine consisted of one or two needles that are being attached to the patient.