New Reply New Topic Followed by 16 people

i am 14 years old and i want to lose weight by next yeas i weigh 256 and i really want to be at at least 125 or 165. before next year and it is hard to stay on a diet. my family desnt buy diet food and when i tell them to they say oh no you want like that. and i real need to know what to do to lose that weight can someone please help me? :'(

Guest wrote:

i am 14 years old and i want to lose weight by next yeas i weigh 256 and i really want to be at at least 125 or 165. before next year and it is hard to stay on a diet. my family desnt buy diet food and when i tell them to they say oh no you want like that. and i real need to know what to do to lose that weight can someone please help me? :cry:

Honey you are to young to start taking any pills...Even though your family does not buy and diet food. Do they buy Chicken? eat that and do not eat the carbs. The best thing you should do is exercise ...even walking for 15 minutes you will see results... Good look

Okay. I'm 14 too. I tried to lose weigh for a long time. I found that just switching my diet around a little helped. I drank alot more water and started playing water polo. I still have a ways to go before I'm happy with my weight though. Just drink a lot moe water and try to get in a much movement as you can. Dance, jog from clas to class, and walk home(if you live close enough.) XD

Hi, I'm 14 years old too and before i lost weight i was 128 pounds.
People kept telling me to lose weight and I found it hard cause I was being pressured. So first make sure this is a lifestyle for you and not others.
A couple months ago I started running an hour every single day right when i woke up...THIS REALLY HELPED. Not only did I feel great when I came back, my family saw that I felt great. You feel a sense of accomplishment which motivates you to keep on going.After I went running I didn't feel cravings or hungry at all which was great. I also cut down on junk and its so much easier to cut down on them when you run or do any other type of moving exercise.
I lost 8 pounds in just a couple of weeks!!
Then school started and I had to stop running. So I tried...not exactlyy starving myself, but I hardly ate. BUT DONT TRY THAT. I noticed that I was about to faint the other day and I've felt that a lot lately. But you can still run and get active during school, after school weekends etc.
Second try not eating as many servings during meals.
The best thing to do is to not think of it as a diet but as a lifestyle choice.
Good Luck!

hi im also 14 and i want to loose weight i try and try but it doesn't seem to work. i am really uncomfartable about my weight i dont like getting changed in p.e in school. i envy all my friends who are skinny.i'm tall so my excess fat doesn't all stay in the one place i want to loose weight for my mum's birthday party if you have any tips that actually work plz tell me. :-(

hello :-) , am 14 to and a want to loose weight to , i have been on loads of diets but they havent worked , but i am on a diet again and maby this one will work , am not heavy fat or heavy skiinnny though am just a bit on the fat side , so i am going to try this diet :

morning : one am ready for school and stuff and before i leave the house get some toast and eat it , then walk briskly to school ,

afternoon : have a sandwhich or soup or nothing (because i dont always get hungry alot ) ,

dinner : soup , pasta , chicken , noodles , potnoodle or veg

and just drink water and eat ice cubes

becasue eatin ice cubes and drinkin cold water make you loose weight because it has to heat up your body ,

also spitting makes you loose weight but only a tiny bit ,

also you should cut out all fizzy juice and dalooten juice itss not good for your diet , and junk food to , if you stop drinkin fizzy juice and junk food you should loose quite a bit ,

also i do alot of dacnin in my house which is good for you also i brisk walk and run so it will help my diet :-) ,

so gooodd luck to everyone else :-)

Heyy Guys,I am also fourteen and I weigh 98 LBS I want to lose more weight for cheerleading,because I fly anyone have any ideas?

I am 14 also, && i am really fat in my opinion, I weigh 180 pounds, I am really ashamed and would love to get down to like 120. I need some tips, so if ya got any, THANKS! I live on a farm and i walk around a lot, but it dont seem to help, I feel hungry all the time and aint rl sure how to fight it, so i give in. :'( im so ashamed=[

I am 14 also. When my brother had to lose weight for football he had to run. So i went with him. We ran 2 miles a day and would go up to 3 miles later on, then we would run 10 sprints witch were 50 yards each. After 1 week we lost 5 pounds. In order to lose those 5 pounds a week you have to eat well to. For breackfast we ate 2 eggs and a glass of orange juice, no toast or any bread. We did not eat any lunch, and for dinner we ate a salad with strips of chicken and honey mustard dressing. Good luck. :-D

im 12 and i need to lose weight. im only 12 years old and i weigh.. 173 pounds. i kno discusting! im so tierd of being obbese. i dont want to tlak to my mom about this kinda of thing. can anyone pleace help me finde a better diet plane and what should i do for excersice?(i hate running/jogging) :'(

im fourteeen and i really needed to loose weight aout 6 months ago because i was really unhappy,i tryed loads of diets but it didnt work wich made me more sad. i done about 100 sit-ups a night and lost 1 and a alf stone in 2 months, i only eat when i am hungry and dont eat as much junk food ! i still want to loose more weight butam happy for the moment :-)

POSTED THIS TO SOMEONE ELSE - EDITED FOR HERE: PRINCIPLES ARE STILL THE SAME. you guys and gals are ok 14 so don't get down on yourself to much... if your serious and want the fat loss, here it is.
___________________________________________________________
YOU CAN DO IT..
______________

lose the body fat you need to a good diet and good cardio and resistance training..

DIET
High protein and low fat low carb diet, would be a good start, I did say low carbs not NO carbs ok.. your carb source should complex carbs.

eat more frequently but smaller meals. A good rule is eat every 2-3 hours, but, do not eat 2 hours before bed.

Drink plenty of water, at least 3-4 Litres day to help prevent dehydration, help with digestion and flushing the body of toxins.

***PLEASE NOTE*** Have at least 1 cheat day a week where you can eat one those bad things you want, this will help your metabolism and your sanity *********************************************

CARDIO
Cardio morning before food best time burn fat. (early morning) Cardio duration anything less than 30mins waste of time, try for 40min plus.

RESISTANCE TRAINING /WEIGHTS

Warm-up thoroughly helps keep warm and not pull any muscles

Stretch between sets helps lengthen those muscles and get all those muscle fibres working

Exercise form good form will prevent injuries as well as give faster full muscle growth

Heavy weights used with good form will give you the best results muscle growth
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEAVY WEIGHT
Understand heavy weights does not mean you need to lift weight you can get the same benefit use rubber bands. If you choice to lift weight, heavy weights are to your personal ability. The purpose of resistance training is to make the muscle stronger, stronger muscle = more cals burnt which in turn equal .. FATLOSS..
____________________________________________

IMPORTANT If your diet is still 10 pies or nothing to eat for half a day, it is serious is a waste of time, you will only fool yourself...
balance is the answer.

good luck

I am also 14 turning 15 march 15 2009 and i am 5'9'' and weight 135 i know i am at my appropriate weight for my age and height but my body does not look skinny or thin at all i think i have to loose ten pounds before my body even gets skinny or thin looking i have tried everything. i am eating a small bowl of cereal for breakfast(if i don't skip it) A chicken wrap form school and when i get home maybe 2 bowls of ramen( i do not snack at all i am serious about loosing weight). I also play with friends by running around playing tag or riding bikes from when i get out of school at 2:40 until around 8:00 then i will eat my ramen. After that i will workout(doing 75 situps with a five pound weight behind my head, about 35 pushups, and will do squats for about 1 min. and depending on how early this is i might do it again after about an hour). I am trying my absolute best to loose weight but i just cannot get below 135 pounds. please if you have anything i can try please explain it in simple terms.

Im 14 also and im trying to loose some weight!
Right now i weigh 120 pounds and REALLY want to go to 110.
My goal is to loose 10 pounds.
I run on my tredmill for 20 minutes but it doesn't seem to work.
I also drink A LOT of water too.
I need some advice like what food should i be eating and what exercise should i be doing.
Please help?

ok..my name is jacob, i am also 14, but most of these ways are dangerous...what I am suggesting is you eat 2 raw eggs in the morning and 1 around (preferably before) lunch, the reason is that most of the good amino acids antioxidants, protein , and vitamins are reduced during the cooking process,
the egg has been considered the ideal food,

a really wierd but kind of cool way too, is to combine different foods in the correct order to safely work with your body's chemistry... the diet is based on again.. eggs... grapefruit, tomatoes, chicken beef and dar green veggies, but there is a price so since were all like 14 we cnt get it...

umm... run alot and do a lot of jumpinjacks... do em til u cant,,, seriously till u cant do any more, if your not as sore later, spin for about 10 seconds, then do uhh i think theyre called arabian up-downs, cross your arms and crouch down and stand back up do this for 5 minutes.. as mant as you possibly can, it will be orth it