I am about to start meditating for I think it would help me to get relaxed I am under constant tension lately and would like to get free of it so I am in interested in meditation classes and do I have to follow them at all. I mean I would like to hear some info of meditation classes but on the other hand is it necessary to go on the meditation classes or I could meditate by myself.

Well you should try following these meditation classes at least at the beginning until you figured out what is meditation all about. So meditation classes are where you are going to get familiar with all the important steps regarding the right meditation performing especially regarding proper breathing which is the most important part of meditation. So on these meditation classes you will learn through the proper breathing how to relax your mind and body and you would also learn what sort of music comes along when meditating and you will also learn about different types of meditation so all in all you better gain basic knowledge going on meditation classes and then after a while you may keep on meditating on yourself.