Hello, I am a 17 year old male who feels completely lost. My symptoms have been ongoing for I guess about a year now, I believe thats how long its been but it is hard to tell since I've had a major drop in memory, caring about anything, or seeing life the way i used to. To preface this, I've had some symptoms of depression for quite some time now, but I could always manage with that, however over the past year things have changed dramatically. I cant think clearly and I am constantly at odds with my own brain trying to solve my problems and i just end up back where I've started, I've forgotten who i used to be and what it was like to live life, my ability to focus, process, remember or care about anything has gone way down. I have a strange feeling in my head a lot of the time, like a headache, but not like a normal one. I have worse anxiety than I ever used to have, my motivation to do anything has gone way down and I really just feel lost. It's hurting my school grades, my ability to enjoy life, my friendships, and is just ruining my life, much of the things i do that i used to enjoy i continue to do are to hide the fact that i am so lost and to distract my self from my problems, rather than give me any satisfaction or joy. On rare, but very rare occasions I do feel my old self come out, but it's just so tiring to be spending years of my life that are not only supposed to be the happiest years of my life, but also extremely pivotal so disconnected and distant. Also, not sure if this has anything do with it but i started feeling a cracking in my neck and head at times when i moved them around the same time these started. Also, id like to add that the things ive described have gotten more and more severe over time. I also am not suicidal at all although I see my life as wasted and like i have nowhere to go, but I guess theres a part of me holding out hope that things will get better. If anyone could offer help, please do.

Shining Star

Hon, I feel you. Best years are yet to come! Do you have any social support? Someone you could talk to? Parents, sibing, a friend or z teacher who cares? Do you do sports? Start walking, fast walking. Just make yourself do aone hour walk. Bring yourself to do it for straight 7 days. I am 100% sure you'll see results. Small steps, remember!

pretty much described how I feel exactly. haha I laugh because in 9 years I haven't found a person with symptoms that match my own. You should for sure talk to a doctor or psychiatrist and get a professional opinion. I suffer from severe clinical depression and medications did help for a while but not too much anymore but that being said medications can drastically help some people so you should for sure try. It will get better trust me. The worst of it for me was when I was about your age and I've learned to manage it more as time has passed. Just try to stay positive about everything and find your path in life. It sounds weird but spending so much time cloudy has made me appreciate the present so much more. Before I was always focused on what was next or what had passed now i just pay attention to every little aspect of day to day life. If i forget so many of the things I do then I mite as well enjoy them now. I dont know if that helped at all but i figured I would post it since it would have saved me a lot of grief had I figured this out a few years back.