New Reply New Topic Followed by 26 people

i have been treated for scabies and it didnt work. i get a tiny bump and it itches but in a few days its gone. it feels like i have tiny bugs crawling on my legs, back, arms,face and scalp, but i dont see anything. the feeling is similar to tickling a single hair on your arm or legs. pleeeeaaassse help me!

have you tried antihistamines? or a hydrocortisone cream available over the counter? anything helped, or made it worse? taken any recreational / prescription drugs lately?

I have the same problem. I thought that I was going crazy but I've found a lot of posts from other women experiencing the same thing. I haven't found out what it is yet, but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone.

heyy i had the same problem. turns out it could possibly be bird mites. k dont freak out ther very very very small black dots and theyl be on ur wall crawling possibly near the cieling... i had them near my desk as well and i researched about them and it sed in the nite they bite u and id wake up with the bites.. once i even saw one on my arm and it was so hard to see. anyways they come wen thers a birds nest near to u.. they tend to come near bathrooms or bedrooms so i had birds living in the attic above the room. the only way to get rid of them is to literally clean evrything and sort the bird prob out.. i redecorated the whole room and its been a year so far and its fine.. i had to have teh ceiling and walls replasterd so thers no gaps.. and ye im fine now so it took me ages to pin point it at that! hope it helps!

they could be bird mites i didnt no for months i had tehm they come wen thes a bird living near ur room so i had a bird lving in the attic and tehy VERYYYYY tiny small black dots google them and see if they match the sympoms i had insect bites for weeks b4 i relised what to do.. i had to rededcorate teh whol room even replaster to seal all the cracks and now it a year and theyv gon!

Well this can be some rash that you are experiencing. Do you have any pets? Like dogs, cats or birds? This can also be flees that jump on your body from time to time, and you are not even able to notice them. The good thing for you is to get your place disinfected.
Please keep us posted on your condition.

Did you find out what it was, I have the same thing and can't seem to find out what it is, treated for scabbies that did not work. Any help would be great, do not have birds, so I question the bird mite answer for me.

Did you ever find out what it was. I have the same thing!

Just as a quick word of warning. Sometimes scabies is a misdiagnosis for bedbugs, so it's important to realize that sometimes what you've got is scabies but you could also have bedbugs. It takes months to find them but you can definitely have them so be aware of that option. I have a metal bed, which makes it harder for them to survive because they prefer wood. Keep that in mind too. Does that sounds plausible?

Did anyone find out what it is? i have it too!

did you all find out what she had? I have it too!

I was reading something on the internet and I found this story where this guy had similar problems like you guys. He said that he had these tine bugs in his bed room. He didn't noticed them on the walls because they were really small and they didn't move. So they looked like specs of dust. But he said when he puts his finger on them it seams that it's like they can smell the flesh and start to crawl on his finger.
He noticed them on his body in the morning and immediately went for the shower.
So could this be your problem?

Sometimes body itching (the feeling of bugs) can also be caused by medications and medical issues one being a problem with your liver functions.
I'm not saying that you don't have some type of bugs bothering you but definitely get a doctor's advice if the condition does not improve just to be on the safe side.

I really didn't know that liver problem can result in these conditions. It is good that you have mentioned this, because I only tough that this is a bug problem. Do you have some more information on this?

My partner and I had the same thing. Looks like mosquito bites and really itchy.

Also, we would often get the feeling of something on the skin, like a hair had brushed by, or something really small was crawling on it.

One morning, I felt it on my arm and quickly looked to see what it was. It was small, less than 1mm, and a pretty quick crawler for its' size.

It turns out that it's a bird mite. It's usually semi-transparent, but becomes brownish black after having had blood.
They live on birds and their chicks while nesting.
When the chicks leave the nest, there is often tens of thousands of the little buggers left in the nesting material with nothing to eat. So they swarm out from the nest and all over the house, looking for a 'blood meal'.
Apparently they can't survive on humans, but can thrive in the nest material, so removing the source is critical. After it's removed however, they can still live on and bite you for up to three weeks.

We had a nest of Spotted Doves just under our deck and a couple of chicks had just left it. This abandoned nest turned out to be ground zero.
We removed the nest and burned it. Even as I was pulling all the material out of the nest site, my hand was crawling with mites.
After that, we removed the bed covers and our clothes and put them in the wash, rubbed our bodies down with eucaliptus oil, and cleaned all the major areas of the house. Vacuumed the bed, couches, floors and rugs.
We also sprayed our mattress protector and my computer chair with a pyrethrin-based spray (careful, some sprays seem to corrode wood varnish, we found that one out just in time).

By the way, do NOT just leave your vacuum bag in when you're done. I think the darn things can simply crawl out again. You have to remove the vacuum bag, seal it in a plastic bag, and throw it away.

After that it's a waiting game for the last mite to die. Rub lavender, tea tree, or eucaliptus oil into the bites. Kill whatever mites you can find (they crack pretty well between two fingernails). And keep vacuuming.