New Reply New Topic Followed by 31 people

Hi, I fell in love with much younger man. I am 48 and he’s only 30. Everybody’s telling me that I could be his mother, but I love him, and I can not break up with him. Is this relationship really that wrong?

Hi, if your boyfriend were 18 years old, I would tell you that you are sick and that you have to let him go. However, you fell in love in a grown man, who is 30 years old, and there is nothing wrong in your relationship. If he loves you knowing that you’re much older than him, and if you love him, I don’t see the problem in your relationship. I don’t understand why are people trying to destroy something beautiful. Maybe they are jealous because you found a younger man. If you know in your heart that it’s a right thing, don’t let anyone destroy it. Difference in age is important only for young people, because they still change and form their character. But for people over thirty, it doesn’t really matter if your man is much younger or much older.

I think that love is a bound that it is not always logic... A gap of age is a gap of age and period! Perhaps if he was 18 he still have much growing up to do but they still could have children if they desired so. Feelings have no age, and certainly love is timeless no matter what age you are. It would be a different experience where as a woman you would have to mother a bit... But SICK? I don't think so... If you travel to other parts of the world you would see that it is not unusual to see young women (18 or even younger)with much older men.So if it is the opposite and an older woman fall for a young adult we refer to it as some kind of unbalance or as you called sickness... It is time for us to evolve and to set a better understand of something as "quantum" as the phenomena of "falling in love". Now the question is... will this kind of relationship last? Who knows? Even the most "perfect" matches falls. It is about whether you want to take the chances...

Hi, I am a 64 year old woman, attrac tive, people say I look 10 years younger.. have been in relationship with single 42 year old guy for 6 years.
The downside is our relationship secret because of family reactions could destroy the relationship. It is started to happen now, I live a life of annonimmity,,both of us placing the other in public denial...I would come clean.. he won't for fear of family rejection.
One day he will want a family...I need to let go, but I cannot. The double life is a killer, self respect, self esteem, I cannot acknowledge the relationship publicly.. barriers do exist..prejudice exists..I am English, he is French...where do I go from here?? Val %-) %-) %-)

I am in love with someone who is much younger than me. He says he loves me. We have wonderful chemistry. we do keep it a secret in public. I know that I need to let him go. He has a lot of living he should do yet. I would like to hear more about your relationship and I do NOT think it is wrong.

I'm glad to see this thread that everyone is able to support each other. I don't think there's anything wrong with loving a younger man any more than there's a problem with an older man loving a younger woman. If you two respect each other and care for each other then there's really no problem and anyone who judges that is being foolish. Does anyone else have a similar situation?

I turn 60 today and am married to a man who is 63 and I have a lover that is 30 and we have been lovers for 5 years. I love my husband but I love my lover, he gives me what I need to feel complete= love, kindness, understanding, and most important his friendship. We cannot publicly be together because of the age difference. He has been married and divorced while we maintained our relationship through all of it. He always tells me how much he loves and adores me and I feel the same about him. Yes, it is sometimes a mommy thing but only when it comes to him needing some advice and I never put him down for doing dumb stuff, I just call them left turns when he should have turned right. We have so much passion for each other it is amazing, I thought it was me who only felt like this but he tells me how he feels about me all the time and it is deep. I only wish I had the magic wand to turn back my age so we can go out in public and be a together all of the time but it will never happen, and so, we are secretly in love with each other, it is weird but neither one of us has any control over how we feel, we love each other so much.
I am very attractive and always have been, many people tell me when they first meet me they think I am the most beautiful woman they ever met, which is a great compliment that only builds my self esteem and is probably one of the reasons he is still my lover. He is very good looking and girls and women of all ages hit on him all the time, and he does have flings, looking for the perfect woman that is closer to his age. In 5 years he has not found her, only me. I do not know what to think or do with this because I cannot change how we feel about each other and it is driving us crazy, thinking we are just plain weird.
If I had to do it all over again I would never get involved with him because it is so depressing to not be able to be together all the time because it is weird. He has told his parents about us and how much he loves me, they love me too. His mom tells me my age is just a number and it has nothing to do with how we love one another. His parents are 10 years younger than me, making it all even weirder.
Again, I love my husband too, but he is bossy, demanding, controlling and says very mean things just to hurt my feelings and self esteem. I know he loves me, he was just raised by very critical parents and so he is also very critical. My lover is not that way, he is sweet and kind and would never try to hurt me and only makes me feel good about myself. This is what has attracted me to him even though our age difference is tremendous. I have been married for 40 years and this is my first affair, what an affair it has become...

I am in the same boat. I'm 37 and recently became infatuated with a 19 yr old. I am old enough to be HIS mother, too, and the worse part is that he calls me 'Aunt X' (the norm in our culture with respect to how known elders are addressed). I cringe every time he refers to me as 'Aunt' So-and-So. I need to deal with it and accept it because I can never have him as anything more than a likable 'nephew'. My community would ostracize me and ex-communicate me and I cannot risk the stigma attaching itself to my children. I am depressed and upset and seriously thinking of moving away. This is going to end up killing me. I feel like such a loser and so pathetic. Sh1t happens, I just need to learn to deal with it.

I am a 47 year old woman, divorced with two children. My lover is almost 21. Our relationship is sweet, supportive, healthy and amazing sexually. He's physically beautiful, intelligent, ambitious, an athlete....someone, honestly, i would've been intimidated by at 20. I have always attracted men of all ages, but this is by far the biggest age difference. He is the one who wanted exclusivity...and a couple of times i have tried to end it because, honestly, i wasn't getting "enough" of what i wanted on my free time. My only time with men is when i am not with my children.....My lover WILL NOT let me let go....and continues to "meet me in the middle" in terms of our lifestyles, etc. I don't want to get married...and we both acknowledge the reality that someday he will fall in love with someone more "practical", for sure. I feel so loving toward him...and I have NEVER had a lover as expressive, passionate and intimate...since my highschool first love of my life. He doesn't flinch at our age difference...and he was the one who found me! I've decided to just stay loving and supportive of his strengths and goals for himself...and meanwhile, i have an independent, blessed life with two young sons.....and a lover who puts me in ecstacy both sexually and emotionally...and we laugh a lot too. I feel like i'm either being blessed or being cursed.....is what i'm doing and feeling too strange? is there something wrong with me that i can't see?

It is nice to see a post like this.  I am sure that there are many older women who are liking younger men and visa versa.  It is time for the double standards to stop.  Love has no boundries.  We older women fight it knowing the consequences, but how do you stop loving somebody much younger than you are when they are the type of man you could love?  How do you turn these feelings off?  I hope that the world accepts younger men with much older women soon.

I have alot of sympathy with the posts here.  I love a much younger man who's 28 and I know one day he will want to marry and have children and it's too late for me to give him the latter.  The hardest thing will be seeing him with another woman.  On the one hand I will be so pleased he is happy and has found what he wants.  On the other, it will hurt so much that it isn't me who is giving it to him and I will have to stand back in the shadows and learn to live without him. It will be so painful but is a penalty of a relationship like this.

I am 40 years old and this falling in love with someone half your age has happened to me too. I had to let him go...but is is VERY painful..and it still hurts ,,,its all very crazy. But it happens, I feel for you ladies.

I'm a 41 year old female who has been married for almost 20 years, have two small children.  My husband has been distant and not interested in me or our children and been doing his own thing.  I felt so lonely and sexually unfullfilled when I met an amazing young man.  He is only 18, but emotionally very mature, tall, dark handsome, an athlete, and he approached me, saying that he had always had a thing for older women.  We had sex once, he was so nervous even though he is experienced sexually.  Now Im in great shape, but I could hardly believe that someone this goodlooking was nervous having sex with me.  He was soo embarrassed that it only lasted about 2 minutes but I reassured him that it was fine.  We stayed in bed for more than two hours, just talking.  It was the most amazing conversation.  I don't know what will happen, he has not been in touch with me, maybe because he feels I wasn't impressed with him sexually.  He gave me the most tender, passionate, deep kiss before he left, but not a word from him in over three weeks.  I should just let it go, but I miss him.....

i am a woman age 47 in love with a 26 year old man.  never in my wildest dreams would i have thought this would occur.  i am very conservative and had no intentions of seeing a younger man, let alone consider marrying him.  Well, after he pursued me for over a year I gave in and agreed to date him.  Honestly, he is beautiful; caring, attentive, sweet, kind, hard working and together we work great.  We talk...really talk...he listens as well as remembers.  He has no issues with the age difference...I am the one who held back or wold freeze up in public.  Overtime, I got over it.  That is when our relationship bloomed and after 2 years, we are getting married.  What can i say.  unexpected, wonderful, and we're going for it.  I am unable to have children and he is fine with that.  I'm peaking in my career and he is just starting out...which works for us financially and practically...we joke that while i am carrying the load now he will be supporting me in my retirement. This is the most mature healthy relationship i have had, it feel right, and i would not change a single day. Do what is right in your heart...hey...we're not getting any younger.  ^.^ 

Hi . Well let me tell you about my crazy life right now. I'm 45 and 7 months pregnant. The father is 22 and worked with me. The sex that we have had that got me here was amazing. He can go for over an hour. He can cum and 2 or 4 min. later he is hard and we are going at it again. We did not use BC because I was told that I could not get pregnant any more. My adult daughter talked me into basically being a booty call.  He is some what living with me but I do not think it will last. I never thought that I would be in my 40's and pregnant. NOT with a black guy either. So all of you ladies that are messing around with the young guys. Just make sure you are on BC.