I have been plagued by a combination of symptoms for about 8 years now. They tend to come about 3-4 weeks apart, each episode lasting for anywhere from 1 day to as long as a month. The worst is extreme shortness of breath (almost impossible to take a deep breath), excessive belching and an accelerated heart rate. Occasionally chest pain, trouble swallowing, heartburn. I have been cleared by cardiologist , and diagnosed with a small hiatus hernia as well as mitral valve prolapse. Other than that the usual guess is anxiety, ridiculous. Has anyone heard of Roemheld Syndrome? If so, any doctors that treat it (believe it exists) in NY area.
Any info much appreciated :-)

Hi there, is Roemheld Syndrome what you've been diagnosed with or is that something that you've been diagnosed with? I can tell you that anxiety makes me feel that way at times so it's not entirely a ridiculous diagnosis! What do you think?

My apologies, I really was not making light of anxiety disorders. In my case it's ridiculous. When I said those symptoms can last for a month, I mean continuously. My regular physician even laughed when I told her what the gastro doctor said, I'm not an anxious person. I am a Reiki practioner, herbalist and meditate daily. Again, my apologies.

Try 5-15 mg amitriptyline, the serotonin bind to sites on the heart and GI system, there are probably other drugs, but I have roemheld syndrome and amitriptyline has worked. I'm trying to find another drug that works, since this one causes brain wipe, this drug makes you feel like you are stoned.

Guest wrote:

Hi there, would your doctor be able to prescribe something to you that's similar? Have ou discussed that possibility with the doctor? Please let me know. Thanks!

zoloft and coreg

Hello i came across your symtoms by accident. I too have suffered from this for almost eight years. I am not a doctor but have found that it is Roemheld Syndrome self diagnosed. Go to yahoo search type in the search box. Type in: Roemheld syndome treatment then scroll down to #490 Roemheld syndrome: the gastric-cardiac listen to the hour long with Dr. Michael Smith located in Forth Laud. Florida, he is with Life Extension Nutrition Center.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

. ITS TREATABLE. THIS IS ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE MYSELF ON THIS. May God bless you and return to good health.

Hi, did you ever find a NY doctor with some expertise with Roemheld Syndrome? My uncle has it but can't find a doc. Thanks! Adam

If you do please let's now I believe this is my issue as well so frustrating

Hi, i've been suffering with this from 2013 triggered by antibiotic (ciprofloxacin) allergy. Going to many doctors and being told it's just stress and anxiety related problems. Until the end of last year a friend suggested to try bioresonance therapy (with bicom 2000 machine). I hesitate at the beggining but decided to try because all medicines that the doctor gave me are not working. Plus this therapy is painless and have no side effect. After couple of visit i improved a lot, not 100% but feel much better. i go once a week, and still doing it. I've been doing it for 6 months now. On my last therapy session i ask whether this machine can detect GERD, and she said it can. She check under gastric problems option and the machine detected that i have Roemheld syndrome. I never heard of it before in my life, but i instantly feel better right after that program for Roemheld syndrome applied on me. I google it on my way home and find out that i have all the symptoms mentioned in Roemheld syndrome. I don't know if this therapy can cure me 100% but so far i feel it is already at least 70%. Without taking any pills or prescribed medicine. So i can testify and recommend people to try bioresonance therapy if you have been to doctors but not cured yet.

Yes I have roemheld, is so very bad night. I'm from kosovo.

Oh hallelulia - at last I have found what it is that I am experiencing on a daily basis and I have a doctor who is open to learning about it. I have been battling this for so long and I am amazed that I had almost figured out how to manage it myself and then I find this site. I sorted out my diet so that I know what triggers the heart to go beating heavy and for want of sounding a bit hippy, I drink kefir water daily and take digestive enzymes daily and the key to it all was magnesium. I take 250mgmagnesium daily (minimum) and with all the above adjustments, I have not had one attack for a month now.

It is s real illness and not to make light off
Very painfull and the feeling of having a heart attack brings the best scare one can exspirience.Change of eating habbit gives help

Were you able to eat after taking the magnesium?

Hi - so sorry you have plagued by this.Small meals, lose weight, take q10 and magnesium, the Fodmap diet..drinking water. I have it and find it helps to press in and down on the left-bottomof the rib cage in front - just by sternum. Also drink large glass of water if tummy is empty - that, I find, keeps tummy in place and helps any gas/air come up and out. Breathe evenly, softly and deeply if you can. Relax! If you can.

I am also going to try to find and talk to a doc in Germany, where this syndrime is recognised properly. Please check with your own doc that these measures are ok for you. Lying on right side also supposed to help. Good luck!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use