Hello All, how are you all doing? At this end i am feeling rather emotional having just discovered the condition ‘Roemheld syndrome’ and am wondering if i have it..
I have been feeling my heart stop followed by a sever dizzy spell followed
by a few heavy heartbeats with a head rush then back to normal, this happens when swallowing (food feels stuck, just before stomach) or burping for want of a better word!
I went to my Dr on more than 1 occasion and was always told to do more exercise
and sent for a ECG that always comes back normal…
I changed GP and when i mentioned these symptoms to my new Dr, she sent me for a 24 hour ECG monitor Hotler Thingy! And after returning the device I received a call from my GP asking me to come and collect report and go strait to Hospital :0
They discovered I get 3rd degree AV heart block lasting between 2 and 7.2 seconds!
I received a pacemaker but while I was in hospital to have the procedure I was hooked to an ECG Monitor for a few
days and could tell when the AV Heart block was about to happen… After I swallow food of burp… I mention this
to the cardio dr who said: “I cant stop you from swallowing food, you need this pacemaker.
Sorry for the long winded post but am wondering what you all think with re to my symptoms and ‘Roemheld syndrome’. I am due to see a gastro Dr for some further tests next week… I have already had a Endoscope (+6 biopsy’s) which all came back clear. On this visit i am to undergo a particular test that involves a tube being inserted into a nostril and down into my stomach which will then measure contraction of oesophagus? And a 24 hour acid monitor…. I am scared as nobody seems to believe me when I say that my Difficulty swallowing food AND 3rd degree AV Heart Block that I experience ARE INDEED LINKED. 100%
any thoughts will be very much appreciated

Thanks :)

Youness a few seconds ago

Thanks :)

I am with you , i feel the same way for 7 years after 2 Haital hernia surgerys , its only getting worse , no one seems to know whats my problem , ready to take the gas pipe , so much foe the medical profession, a bunch of prescription writers and test presrcipers, I could have been a DR. with a high school ED. AL Leone