New Reply New Topic Followed by 18 people

I HAVE A BURNING SENSATION BY MY KNEE JOINTS -- HAS SENSATION OF CARPET BURN ON SKIN, BUT NO DISCOLORATION, ETC. STARTED AFTER I HAD KNEEDLED WHILE DOING YARD WORK. ALREADY HAD DIAGNOSIS OF OSTEOARTHRITIS ABOUT 7 YRS AGO --i AM 57 YRS OLD FEMALE. i HAD ORTHROSCOPIC SURGERY ON RIGHT KNEE TO CORRECT TORN CARTILIDGE AND BEHIND KNEE CAP WHERE EXCESSIVE WEAR HAD OCCURRED. i WANT TO HELP MY SELF WITH THE PAIN AND BURNING, BUT AM NOT HAVING ANY SUCCESS.

I have the same sensations in both knees. It is on the area just to the outside (lateral) of my knee cap. There is no discoloration but some heat and numbness. Feels like a rug burn in that area when I bend my knee. When I kneel there is a sharp pain at the knee cap. I have a family history of arthritis but have not been diagnosed with it myself. Has anyone come up with a Dx on this yet?

I have the same problem on my left knee. when the skin is streched tight it gives a sensation of carpet burn, and is very annoying.
it only just started around 3 weeks ago at work when i went to kneel down and It was quite painfull. Other wise I can poke and prod the knee and it feels fine, only when the skin is streched.

Guest wrote:

I wish someone would have answered your knee problem, because mine is exactly like yours :!:

Did anyone find out about this? I have the same, it feels fine normally but as I stretch my skin it burns. I had a bruise there but it went away, however I still get this feeling

I have the same problem. My knee feels just fine, with no joint or other pain. However, when I bend and the skin on my knee makes contact with the floor, my bed or a sofa, etc., I feel a painful burning sensation. My dermatologist gave me a steroidal cream, but it did nothing to resolve the discomfort. Now, I feel the pain when my knee rubs against the leg of my pants. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this.

did anyone get a answer for this?? i have the exact same thing---when i bend down on my knee i get that burning rug burn sensation. now i am starting to get it when i sit (knee bent some). seems like a lot of people have this looking at the messages so i don't think i am dying, but would love to know what it is. if any of you find out send to my email: ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

i find this site once in a great while, but will probably find it hard to find it again thanks

I have the same "rug burn" feeling under my right leg. Does anyone know what causes this? I don't have health insurance so I don't want to go to see a doctor.

I have the same feeling on my left knee as well. When it is stretched it feels like a rugburn, a scrape, or like the hair is being pulled out. It goes away if I un-stretch the skin, but it keeps re-occuring at really odd times.

I found this link about pinched nerves which sounds similar:

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

"I have seen one or two patients with similar complaints - a hard fall directly on the front of the knee, and then burning type pain with touch and shooting pains around the area.

It turned out they had a contusion to the small nerve that runs across the front of the knee (the same one that is cut during a patellar tendon ACL reconstruction and results in a small area of sensory loss on the lateral side).

What helped with these patients was an injection into the area which helped calm the nerve and decrease the irritation.

It may very well improve on its own, but if it doesn't, get in to see your doctor to figure out exactly what is wrong and to get it taken care of.

Bart
"

I will investigate with my doctor.

See

I started a new exercise routine that involves a lot of squats and lunges. I started getting a burning pain all around my right knee and a over the right thigh which I have had for about a week now.

I had a feeling I was overdoing it, but didn't heed the warning signs. At least I don't think I blew anything out.

I'm almost 56, but in very good shape as I have been working out most of my life. I never had any issue like this before, I've been very careful. It's a good wakeup call to let me know I can't work out like a 20 something anymore.

I took a break from the workouts and I m just doing some gently flexibility stuff. It's helping. I think an icepack would help too, but I am too lazy to do something like that. My sense is that it will go away on its own. The only hard part is deciding whether or not to go back to that routine ... which I like a lot!

I have this same problem on my right knee, feels exactly like kneeling on a bruise or like there is rug burn but it is intermittent, only sometimes when I stand up from kneeling down and it only lasts for 5 to 10 seconds. When I touch the area with my hand it feels normal, no pain at all, and there are no signs of bruising or redness.

Okay, so I have the same Problem as you guys, but I get this pain on and off randomly. Evenly when I'm laying down I'm bed, sleeping.
I have it right now, and I've had this pain since I was around 8 years old. I am now 18 years old. What is this?!

Nerve issue? I have it and it is intermittent. Since it feels like a neropathy, I am writing it off as another active nerve. Fybromyalgia?

I found this very helpful. I had had the pain before in my knee and only noticed it when I knelt down on that knee. It is a pain that I cannot compare with anything I have had before, but only when I kneel on it. It feels like something rolls over the knee cap and wow ~ burn like I have never felt before. Recently I fell on that knee and re-injured it again. I have not seen a doctor hoping it will just heal on its own. Now there is a spot in the area that is white. I suppose I should see a doctor but otherwise my knee doesn't bother me. Any feed back is welcome. Thanks ~ Judy

The pain in my knee has gone away, took about 6 months but now my knee is fine again.