Hi, basically I'm 17 but I haven't hit puberty yet and it's so embarrassing. I'm 6 foot tall, but I was meant to be around 6'3 by this age. My voice hasn't deepened at all and it's still really high, almost like a girl's, it hasn't changed since I was 10 and no matter how much I grunt it's still embarrassingly high. I have no pubic hair anywhere on my body, my legs are almost hairless, and I have no spots at all; my face is completely smooth. My testicles are not sagging yet, they're really small and there's no hair on them or anything. My penis is barely more than 1 inch flaccid and 2 1/2 hard. It's just an indescribably depressing and embarrassing problem. Every other guy in at school in my year has hit puberty and I still feel like I'm 12. I get a lot of girls saying I'm 'cute' and 'innocent' and calling me 'babyface' which really pisses me off.

It's even worse at home. We've only got a small flat so my parents sometimes see me naked coming out of the shower room or things like that, and I can tell they're wondering why I'm still stuck in the body of a 12 year old when I'm 17. Also my brother is 15 and for a while I thought he was going the same way as me, so it might have been genetic, but a few months ago his voice broke really deep and he's got some spots now and has clearly hit puberty. It's excruciatingly embarrassing that my own 15 year old brother sounds like a man and has hit puberty before me, and when we meet people as a family like on holiday everyone thinks he's the older child. I have no confidence with girls anymore cos there was a girl I really liked since I was about 11, and last year we were getting intimate and she saw my 1 inch penis for the first time and just couldn't stop giggling, so I got really angry and punched her and we haven't spoken since. Can someone please tell me when I'm going to hit puberty? 

Legend
conaltheman wrote:

Hi Conal,

You need to see your doctor, for a full physical exam, including blood work. You may consider seeing an Endocrinologist if you are able, they deal with hormones and such.

You should most definitely be experiencing some signs of puberty by now.

Good luck, keep us posted

Yes, you really should see a Specialist, as you should have started puberty a long time ago. Talk to your mom/dad, talk to your counselor at school as well.

As far as getting intimate with a girl is concerned.....

This is abviously upsetting you and putting you in a bad situation with the opposite sex, i know. The little girl that "giggled" was out of line, but so were you when you punched her. Keep yourself out of those situations until you have seen a doctor if your afraid of the same thing happening again. People can be mean and not understanding at all.

I've been trying to convince myself to go to the doctor for months but I think I'd find it really embarrassing to be examined :(

Legend
Conal,

You don't need to be embarrassed by seeing a doctor. They are there to help you and have seen just about everything. They are professionals.

The doctors can help find out what is going on with you so it should reduce your embarrassment.

See the doctor.

There is absolutly nothing to be embarrassed about when it comes to seeing your doctor. Like medic dan said, they have seen EVERYTHING!

Let me tell you a quick story Conal. A couple years ago i went to the emergency room with my neighbor who got injured while doing some yard work. As we sat in the holding area a man came in with a serious issue...he got a potatoe stuck in his rectum!!!! Honest to goodness, he did. As we sat in the cubicle next to him and heard everything. He was in some serious pain and the staff was very sensitive to his plight. See, that is what i mean when i say the doctor's have seen it all.

Don't be afraid at all, they are they to help you. Get it taken care of now before you get any older and start to date, as time goes by you may want to marry and have a family, but if your uncomfortable and embarrassed with the opposite sex because of your issue, you will have problems. Just see him/her, that is what they are there for.

I have the same problem but am 18 :( i have pubic hair but that is it. dont quite have the guts to tell anybody close to me.

Hi, I have the same problem and i have just turned 18. I have pulled myself around to telling anybody about this. since i was 16 i have always felt like i wouldnt hit puberty and have just kept it in me telling myself that i will hit it soon. 

Legend
Hi Reece,

If you have pubic hair you likely have started puberty. Have there been other signs?

well am 6ft 4", kinder chubby, my voice is pretty high but has a slight deepness to it, no facial hair not much leg hair and couple of hairs under arms. penis size round about 2" flaccid and 3.5" erected. my confident 's is terrible because of this issue :/ 

hey,the exact opposite has happens to me,when is was nine,i started hitting peubert and i'm 14 now,and i look like i'm 23.

My name is Jefferson,

I just turned 18 and am worried.  I am 6 foot tall.I started getting pubic hair when I was 13 but it hasn't grown since. Also my testicles haven't dropped and my penis is only 4 inches hard. I had to break up with my last girlfriend because I am embarrassed to have sex. I am to embarrassed to tell a doctor or my parents. I am just worried something is wrong and I wouldn't speak up soon enough. Help would be appreciated!

hi i would just liek to get advice about these things because i am sure i have not hit puberty yet.  i just turned 18 in january this year and im starting to worry.  i am 5 foot 8 now i must say my mum is only 5 foot 2 but my dad is 6ft 3".  i have got hair all over my body like under my arms and my legs are quite hairy.  ive also got hair on my testicles and round my penis but i do not have any on my face yet.  i also do not have any sports on my face too.  my penis when flaccid is 2.5" and 3.5" when errect but it has not developed into an adults penis, cause i shower after my football games with my team mates and my penis is not like theres with the head and foreskin.  i would like some proffesional advice to know if i am either going through puberty slowly or i need to go to the doctor for some vitamins or some kin d of medication.

I'm 17 and I am 6'0 flat and I'm only 5 inches hard and I have hair everywhere on my body, but my balls haven't dropped yet is this bad

Legend

Hi Gibbs,

5" is average for an adult male. Can you feel your testicles?