Someone told me that suboxone would make you fail a drug test for opiates. Also, someone told me it would make you fail for amphetamines. I have a drug test coming up, so I really need to know if it will make me fail for anything. Please someone tell me.

Substance, Minimum, Maximum

Alcohol 1 hour 24 hours
Amphetamines 2-7 hours 2-4 days
Barbiturates 4 to 6 hours 4.5 days for short acting
10 days for long-acting
Benzodiazepines 4 to 6 hours up to 10 days
Cannabinoids (THC) 2 Hours Infrequent user: up to 10 days
Chronic user: 6 weeks

Cocaine Metabolite 1.25 - 4 hours 2-3 days
Methamphetamine (mAMP) 2-7 hours 2-4 days
Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA)
2-4 hours 1-3 days
Methadone 4 hours Up to 3 days
Methaqualone Up to 10 days
Opiates (Morphine & Heroin) 2.5 hours 2-3 days
Phencyclidine (PCP) 4-6 hours 7-14 days
Propoxyphene 4-6 hours 7-14 days
Cotinine (Nicotine) 30 days or longer
Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCA) 4-6 hours up to 10 days

no not at all. yw

Suboxone will not show up in a blood test unless it is specifically looked for. Suboxone is a synthetic opiate, it will not show up as an opiate or on a standard drug test. It can be detected in the urine, but usually not for job placement.
If you are trying to get a job in the Police Force, Fire Dept. or any high priority job, you will be screened for it.

The Breakdown:
5 Panel Tests include, amphetamines, cocaine, opiates, PCP and THC
9 Panel Tests include, the 5 panel test plus, barbituates, benzo's, methadone, and propoxyphene
12 Panel Tests include, the 9 panel test plus, ecstacy, oxycodone and buprenorphine

I have been off opiates for 9 days and habve been on suboxone. I had a drug test from my PO today and it did in fact show up posative for opiates. They aree sending it into the lab. I told her that I was on the medication and she is ok with it as long as it does show thats that is all that is my sytem. So I wou7ld in fact say that it DOES show up posative for opiates.

ive been taking sub for 2 months now, and taking a drug test every week and it has never showed up. You will fail for opiates if you take 3 sub a day. I take a half a day and have had the 12 panel drug screen and it still didnt show. the less u take the better. plus, try to wean yourself off as fast as you can bc suboxone withdrawals can be just as bad as methadone withdrawals. the longer you take it the harder its going to be to get off of it. you'll be fine. xoxox

you've got to walk through the rain to get to the rainbow.

i take a drug test every month for the past two years... and i take 3 a day and i pass all my drug test. i take suboxone...

stet132 wrote:

I have been off opiates for 9 days and habve been on suboxone. I had a drug test from my PO today and it did in fact show up posative for opiates. They aree sending it into the lab. I told her that I was on the medication and she is ok with it as long as it does show thats that is all that is my system. So I wou7ld in fact say that it DOES show up posative for opiates.

Most likely you were taking methadone recently (long half life) or ingested poppy seeds (can without a doubt cause a false pos. for morphine, or simply had a false positive on your drug test. Ask your PO WHICH opioid you turned up dirty for and if it was an in house test or a GS/MS. If it was an in house 'dip' test that means that they were definitely not testing for buprinorphine. Naloxone MAY (but is highly unlikely) cause false positives for some opioids.

Solution: Ask for the test to be sent in to the lab for a GS/MS workup which should most likely vindicate you (unless they decide to look for buprenorphine, but they probably will not do that unless they have specific reason to)

I have been off Oxycodone and methadone for five days, currently taking suboxone. I took a drug test today on the fifth day for probation and came up positive for opioids. I am upset, Im unsure weather the codeine was still in my urine or if it was suboxone. Does suboxone come up positive on a lab test, how far back can a lab test read?

I have had to take several drug tests and I was on subutex for 4 years even while i was pregnant, they couldnt detect it, the only reason they knew is cuz i told them, its a drug so new its harder to specifically do it on a 5 panel drug screen

I don't know where everyone is from but I live in NY and I know for a fact that Suboxone can come up with a urine drug screen if it is used properly with the appropriate dose that people should be taking (according to the amount of opiates that were being used) I stopped taking Oxycodone about 6 months ago after I had a nerve block in my back and I was started on Suboxone. In the 3 months that I was taking Suboxone (at first it was 2 8mg strips, then dropped 1 a month) and I came up positive for Opiods everytime I was being urine screened at my doctors office when I would go for my Suboxone refill. And, I don't use drugs recreationally. I will tell anyone who does use these medications recreationally that it is VERY dangerous, I have had many friends die from overdosing; and witnessed people who have never had a drug or alcohol problem lose their entire lives (including those who were successful, doctors, lawyers, and nurses) to these medications. I know that it is hard, especially if you have any kind of pain (both physical and psychological trauma) but I will tell you this; I took Roxicodone 30mg EVERYDAY sometimes 10 times a day because I had a back condition, I thought that I could not function properly without them. I have been off of them for 6 months, and I feel fantastic. I don't want to sound too cliche, or even as if I am trying to preach to those who are still having a battle with them.. I am only trying to give some advice from someone who has been through it, I am not a dr. telling you this bc I need to, I am just a normal person who is telling you because I think there are so many people who feel the way I did (like I couldnt go on without them) I am a nursing student, I have two young and beautiful children, and a great family.. ANYONE who wants to can do this.. After the first 2 or 3 weeks, I felt so much better. I had to change up my routines a little bit, because everything I did, involved a pill...It wasnt easy and to be completely honest, the psychological part of parting with it was harder then the physical aspect; but once someone makes the decision to stop and sticks to it... you will feel so much better, both about yourself, and everything else.   Also, Yes, Suboxone does have some withdrawl symptoms when you stop taking it, but it is NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING, not even CLOSE to what opiate withdrawl is. My eyes teared a little bit and I yawned once every hour.. thats it and I think it may have lasted 1 day and it was over... I advise anyone to seek help in stopping taking these meds.. too many people have died, these pills don't discriminate, they dont care if you are a mother, how much money you have, or about anything else in your life.. they can take everything away from you.. If anyone would like help, they are more then welcome to reply to me and I will help you.. I didn't have too many people around me who had experience stopping, and I wish I did have someone I could talk to that understood what I was feeling and how hard it can be sometimes... Im here for anyone that is serious about stopping and needs some strength.. Best of luck to everyone.

psychoshadybich wrote:

while i agree with just about everything you've said here...i don't want people thinking suboxone withdrawls could be that easy...I was prescrbed suboxone for about a year and I was put in a position to where i had to quit cold turkey...I withdrew BAD for almost 2 whole months. I ate a cracker every other day and the ambulance would have to come to my house at least once a week. I even had a seizure during this time (and i've never had a seizure in my life). My whole family thought i was going to die! That was years ago and I will NEVER go back down that road...I just think that people withdrawl differently...like for me, I was on Methadone before I switched to suboxone and yes the withdrawls from Methadone where terrible, but for me Suboxone was MUCH worse!! Just depends on the person I guess.

It has to be a special test that looks for sub. Not all tests detect it. It's a more expensive test...

subs will only fail for bupremorphine so if thedrug test tests for that drug then u will fail if it does not then ur good do u know what panel the test is i take a 12 panel test at random where i work and its on there along with every other drug know to man lol

Well im on probation and i take a 5 panel drug test for Amphatamins, Coc, Benzo, THC, and opiates. So if i take a suboxone ill be in the clear? they wont be able to detect it at all and i will not drop dirty?