Hi, This is my first post. I am totally freaking out that my boyfriend is not only giving me east infections but b.v as well. The first time I had sex with him, it wasn't just his hugely uncircumcised foreskin that freaked me out but a very unpleasant fishy odor coming from his penis....I thought it would go away, but even after we went swimming he still smelt like fish. I don't understand, can't he smell it? After I touch it I can even smell it on my hand. After sex I don't usually notice I smell like it till the next day. But we've broken up and now we are trying to make things work again. Last time we were seeing eachother I kept getting yeast infections, and at the very end of our relationship I got B.V.... All my east infections and everything went away the 2 months we werent sleeping together. Even though I was still sleeping with someone else. (who doesn't smell). Now we are back together again, his penis still smells and I have received a yeast infection. I treated it. We had sex and now I have an unpleasant fishy odor and liquidy discharge, pretty sure I now have B.V. Can i please get some ideas what could be happening here and how to deal with This. (now iv told him about the yeast infection, he is now using monistat cream.)( I don't know if I can tell him his penis smell makes me want to puke.) ( and how in the world does he not smell it!!!!!!!!!!!!!.)

Hi Lily,

This is not the time to wonder...he has to see a doctor, and you are well within your right's to tell him, straight up, that his penis stinks. If you hurt is feelings...oh well!!! You mentioned that he is un circumsized, i find that odd in today's day and age but it is what it is. Does he keep his hygiene up? When a man is not circumsized, they have to make sure that they keep the foreskin really really clean. I'm talking about the cheesy c**p that gets stuck under the skin. That smell can be very offensive and it can cause soreness and irritation for him as well.

I am a chronic BV getter...ugh! It doesn't matter what i do, it comes back. You guy's might not be compatible in that arena. Sometimes a man's semen may not get along well with the women's vagina, therefore causing an adverse reaction. It may sound stupid, but it's true, trust me. All that aside, he should be wearing a condom anyway. You can't treat BV with OTC stuff, you need to see your doctor. In the meantime, encourage your bf to do the same. Tell him no more sex until he get's his business taken care of. If you don't, you are going to be plagued with this stuff all the time.

Lily0009 wrote:

You can Bacterial Infections from sleeping with multiple partnes without using protection. I also have been getting it from my BF as well. I would have to be cause im not sleeping with anyone else I dont even ever go anywhere without my bf. But besides that guys don't like to go get checked for c**p like that. But even so I still go and get checked out once a month and every time I have a bacterial infection they give me 4 antibiotics to take and than it clears up. Im with you on that its disgusting, but can also come from using sex toys (and not cleaning them properly). Maybe he just doesn't care, I'm leaving my bf cause obviously if they don't care about themselves and don't care that they are giving us these infections than they don't need to be with us. Ad uncircumsized penis' are more prone to infections.

One problem to remember is that the parents are not teaching their children about cleanliness in this area. Try to teach him. A man's penis has to be seen to just as a woman's vagina. Circumcision makes the male penis relatively trouble free, but an uncircumcised penis has to be cleaned in a different way. When showering, he needs to pull back the foreskin and wash thouroughly with a good body wash. He needs to realize that the stuff that collects under there is a living organism setting up shop under the foreskin of his penis. It is warm, dark, and damp. Perfect for growing stuff that smells bad. It will be passed to you during sexual intercourse and you'll end up with yeast infections and other problems. No sex until he cleans up. Oral sex is not to be considered. Ugh!

Im having The SAME EXACT PROBLEM, my boyfriends penis smells like fish. He's uncircumcised and I cant take the odor. The same thingeven after he washes sometomes i can still smell it, my hands smell. Ive told hime that it smells and i feel kind of bad bc i yelled at him asking how he doesnt smell the odor coming from himself!? I just got diagnosed with BV the bacteria from cultures, i ve gotten tested so many times just to be sure, and I never had an sti im assuming he doesnt bc i would have it too. But im urging him to go to a doctor hopefully he can get medication to make the smel not SO strong. Im worried bc vaginal odor is osmething that i dread im soo terrified of it and if we stay together it seems like thats something that i cant avoid, its a serious strain on our sex life, i wont have sex with him until he goes to the doctor bc even when we use  acondom i stool smell the odor and it rubs off on me some how???

I had the same exact problem with my now ex!!

Tell him to clean with peroxide and go to the doctor and take the same medicine flagyle to treat the bacteria in his penis

I have the same problem.. I've had two uncircumcised boyfriends and every time I had sex with them I got an infection. Then I was with my ex who was circumcised for 4 years and never got an infection from him. Now my boyfriend is uncircumcised and the infections keep coming back after we have sex. People please circumcise your children. Some of us have sensitive Vaginas!

Health Guru
There is no need for circumcision parents just need to teach their children personal hygiene and how to pull the foreskin back and and wash the glands properly every time they bath or shower.
If you say that your bf's have been giving it back to you because they have been uncircumcised its down to there personal hygiene and nothing more.
I am not circumcised regularly retract my foreskin to wash and none of my girlfriends have ever had that problem.

Men who are uncircumcised are peeing and not wiping the penis and letting the foreskin go back over an unwiped penis...it sits there during the day and becomes putrid from not getting wiped and exposed to the air to dry out like a circumcised penis.With a circumcised penis after he pees the tip of his wet penis lays against his underwear and has an opportunity to at least dry without being a breeding place for bacteria. Whereas an uncircumcised penis is covered over by the foreskin and doesn't have an opportunity to dry out. It's like a woman getting her panties wet with drops of unwiped pee and later in the day it starts to smell...same thing! Uncircumcised men may need to start carrying hygiene wipes and also drink lots of water to dilute their strong concentrated urine.

Uncircumcised male here and I've stumbled upon a fountain of ignorance. It's possible for a man who is uncircumcised to get a yeast infection, this is true and something that I've personally experienced. It is also just as treatable as your yeast infections. Whether or not an uncircumcised man can carry BV, however, is not proven at all.

The thought here seems to be that circumcision provides health benefits and that it is the correct thing to do. This is highly contested by doctors (with most arguing against). The fact of the matter is the primary reason for circumcision of males is the same as circumcision of females: to reduce the pleasure of sex and thus reduce sexual activity.

Just fyi, the other name for female circumcision is female genital mutilation. Male circumcision, while not as drastic, certainly serves the same purposes as FGM.

I'm so glad I found this post! I haven't gotten an infection from my BF but his penis smells. Exactly how y'all described. After we had sex, I smelled the same for days after. I'm just as perplexed as to how he doesn't smell it. He mentioned every now and again how I don't go down on him, I don't know how to tell him it's because his penis smells AWFUL. I typically never have a problem saying what I feel to people but this is a little difficult for me. I would like to fix it before it becomes more serious like BV! Help!

Question for you. How would you like to be approached by your gf who won't go down on you, and doesn't even really wanna have sex with you, because you smell? It's embarrassing for both people. I can't imagine not knowing how to clean yourself properly as an adult.

this guy!!!!! two thumbs up!!!! no need to be carving up our baby boys! 100% agree with you

"The thought here seems to be that circumcision provides health benefits and that it is the correct thing to do. This is highly contested by doctors (with most arguing against). The fact of the matter is the primary reason for circumcision of males is the same as circumcision of females: to reduce the pleasure of sex and thus reduce sexual activity".

You are a very poorly educated man, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about!!! please go to your doctor and re-educate yourself. Circumcision is PURELY for a health benefit!! IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REDUCING THE PLEASURE OF SEX!!

While female genital mutilation is a cruel practice and it has EVERYTHING to do with reducing pleasure of sex, it is quite the opposite for a male circumcision as this actually INCREASES pleasure for males!! so please stop and go do your research before showing how little you know.