Hello! I have had a hair cut recently and I am very unsatisfied with the result. I use to have a shoulder length hair and now it is a bob hair style. I looked so much better with long hair and I really want to regrow it as soon as possible. I want to make my hair grow faster if possible. What vitamins should I take?

Hi! I am a hair stylist and first of all I want to tell you that while you wait for your hair to grow naturally you can do some hair extensions which also look very naturally now. As far as vitamins you need to take to grow your hair faster are concerned I know of B complex. As I learned before the hair consist of eighty percent protein. B vitamin allows it to grow faster with blending in protein. B complex vitamin includes folic acid and insositol, which helps to rotate the growth circle quicker than before. The new cells are born more quickly and these B complex vitamins help them to grow and produce new cells in higher amount than its normal rate. But do ask around for hair extensions since B complex cannot do wonders it will still take long to grow back your hair.

Hello girls! I agree with taking B complex vitamins, also there are many already made ampoules with hair growth formula which you rub into your hair and you can find them in every pharmacy. It is also very important that you avoid strong chemicals. So don’t dye your hair and use strong shampoos and conditioners. Try to use only organic cosmetic for your hair and keep it clean.

first of all what ever you do don't ever get hair extensions, it may be a quick fix but not only is it expensive... it will make your hair weaker and then unless you keep getting them put in again and again... you'll end up with even weaker and more damaged hair then when you started...
just massage you scalp... shampoo every other day and don't blow dry or straighten(or apply any heat) for a while
trust me you will see a difference ... i noticed 4 inches IN JUST 2 AND A HALF MONTHS!!!:-)

There is no way you hair could grow 4 inches in 2 months. Massage will help by bringing blood flow to your cells but not that much. Good luck :-)

There are several things you can do to increase your hair growth rate. First, examine your diet, lifestyle, or hair products. These all may be stunting hair growth. Eliminate alcohol, stress, and junk food. Up your water intake, take Amino Acids, and buy an all-natural hair growth stimulating product. If you do this, your hair will grow faster, and more importantly, healthier than ever.

I agree with rinky9888 in that your diet is a big factor as well as your lifestyle. Vitamins rich in B complex are also known to help. When you eliminate the junk in your diet, you eliminate so many health problems. Living that healthy lifestyle is great for your skin, hair, and nails. No offense, but have you ever seen the skin and hair of a 50 or 60 year old lady who has smoked and drank her entire life. Her skin is leathery and her hair is course and unhealthy looking. A lot can be done in your lifestyle to gain healthy hair and as a result have hair that grows quickly. My daughter is 6 and the healthiest kid on this planet because we are so careful to give her exactly what her body needs in the health department - plenty of rest, excellent diet, and lots of exercise (normal when you are six) and her hair grows so quickly. She requires a haircut once a month or her bangs droop into her eyes.

As for what will make your hair grow faster... Definitely try taking prenatal vitamins. Any hair stylist will tell you they work wonders. I know first hand that they will increase your hair growth by about 30%. Also it will make your hair thicker and more healthy looking. I would suggest taking them before bed though. For people that take them and arent pregnant it sometimes tends to make them a little sick feeling during the day. But as for the other posts... Seriously?!? It is absolutely crazy to say that smoking and eating unhealthy makes you lose your hair. If you've studied this topic AT ALL you would know that hair loss had to do with genetics... not food intake! >:( 60 year olds with leather skin definitely is a direct relation to too much sun exposure and/ or smoking for MANY years. As for hair though... My grandmother smoked her entire life practically and was out in the sun constantly. She is now 75 and still has a LOT of hair! Yes, someone who constantly colors and highlights their hair is going to damage it eventually, but it still grows back. lol

Hi Everyone,
I also am a Hairstylist. I agree with the other Stylist's comments on here. STOP with the HEAT abuse is vitally important. One of the thing's I recommend besides vitamins is Flax seed oil in it's oil form, which you take 1 tsp. a day. No need to wash everyday, this is also stripping natural oil's from your hair. One other thing is Biotin which is also helpful... last but certainly not least is PATIENCE. Oh by the way on one of the above comments, no possible way your hair could grow that long in 2 months, but wouldnt that be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck to you. 8)

Hello Friends.
My sister have also same problem. She has very law growth of hair and she want to increase her growth faster. and can anyone tell me that is it true that junk food affects on hair. Someone told her that it happens because of junk food like pizza, burger and many more. She is 17 year old and she is healthy but she has oily and silky hair. So please give proper suggestion that what she should do as possible as fast? and give me reason also that why she have not growth of hair?
Thank you very much in advance.

Hello Friends.
My sister have also same problem. She has very law growth of hair so she want to increase her growth faster. Can anyone tell me that is it true that junk food affects on hair. Someone told her that it happens because of junk food like pizza, burger and many more. She is 17 year old and she is healthy but she has oily and silky hair. So please give proper suggestion that what she should do as possible as fast? and give me reason also that why she have not growth of hair?
Thank you very much in advance.

I dont know about any vitamins but hanging your head upside down for about 30 seconds a day awakens the hair folices and helps hair grow faster. Also massaging your head with your finger tips also helps and awakens the hair folices. And if anyone has any other tips please coment as well I would love to know.

Hair is a strong indicator of health. Many nutritional deficiencies can cause hair growth to slow, and can cause hair to thin. Hormonal problems such as hypothyroidism and PCOS can also cause thinning. If your hair has gotten seriously thinner or stops growing for more than a few months, you should discuss it with your doctor.

Well, you are what you eat. If you eat crappy, your body will function crappily, and your hair is a part of your body!

For healthy hair, our bodies need not just B vitamins, but also essential fatty acids, vitamin c, vitamin e, zinc, coq10 (only need a supplement if over 40 or on statins), iodine, copper, silica, msm, and adequate amino acids (protein). If you are taking a good, natural multivitamin, it will ensure that your are not low on these nutrients due to holes in your diet.

There is also a lot of hair health supplements available at health stores.

For me personally, a high-potency multivitamin and a decent diet is more than enough. I've never taken a hair supplement, never used fancy shampoos, and I have to cut my hair twice a month to keep it at the length it is.

Guest wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I agree, but if you absolutely must blow dry your hair, do it on the lowest setting, and keep the blow dryer at least a foot and a half from your head. :) It will take longer than normal, but shouldn't damage your hair too too much. :)

Stay safe!

Immy