My name is Lora, 23 and I have a problem. I am diagnosed with urinary tract infection (UTI) .My physician prescribed me a therapy but I am still in a fog how I got it. I am worried about my kidneys, can this disease spread on other organs? I also heard it can cause Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Is that true? If it is, how can I prevent this?

Dear Lora, UTI (urinary tract infection) is a very common disease. Infection is caused when bacteria enters in the urethra and multiplies in the urinary tract .That would be kidneys, the bladder, and urethra. Bacteria may enter during sexual intercourse, due to poor hygiene…or just weak immune system. It is more often for women to get it than men, for reasons that are not fully known. But men, women and children can develop UTI.
It usually develops in a lower urinary tract (bladder or urethra) and if it’s not treated it can progress to upper urinary tract (kidney for example).I have heard that from lots of people that they have been diagnosed with UTI.
I don’t think that UTI can cause IBS, but causes for IBS are not identified.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common chronicle health disorder. It is dysfunction of the bowel and large intestine. It affects up to 20 % of world population. It causes lower abdominal pain, cramping, diarrhea and constipation.
Only prevention measure that you can take is to visit your physician and use recommended medications