New Reply New Topic Followed by 15 people

Just wanna ask you if your baby is ok because I had my appendectomy a month ago and I' m 17 weeks pregnant that time and my ob gave me tramadol as my pain reliever.. I want to know the effect on the baby

You have no freaking idea how much I am relieved to have read your post. God bless you. If I could, I would visit you wherever you live just to thank you. My struggle has been crazy too. I just found out 2 weeks ago I am pregnant. I am now 7 weeks and weening off. I too, was taking A LOT before I found out. I work two full time jobs with mandatory Overtime so I'm struggling without sleep and RLS and awful anxiety but I am doing it! Thank you.

Bless your heart. I don't judge. Everyone on here is here for a reason so they shouldn't judge either.

How many are you taking now?
You still. Have a lot of time.

Did you take L-tyrosine while pregnant?

Baby didn't have any withdrawals.I'm 36 weeks pregnant.and really want to stop now

A lot of women, especially with other childern in home. Can't tell their doctor out of fear of doc calling CPS.

How did you weaned off completely?...

I took 100mg a day during my 1st trimester and then 50-100mg/day after that until 18 days before my scheduled c-section I stopped completely. My baby girl was born 7lbs 15oz perfectly healthy with no withdrawals or any problems. She is now almost 10 months old and perfect, she's hit every milestone and is about to start walking. She has great social interaction and smiled and laughed very early. Thanks to God she's very healthy. I didn't tell my doctor because I was scared but I did tell my husband at 8 months and felt a huge sense of relief to have support, he was the reason i was able to quit 18 days out...so try and find someone you can trust to support you and help you quit before delivery if you can. I read all these stories on here when I was pregnant and scared and wanted to come back with a positive encouraging ending that my baby was just fine.

I was addicted to tramadol when I found out that I was pregnant over a month ago. When I say addicted, I mean I was literally taking about ten 50mg pills a day, as well as a couple slow release tramadol (100mg). I was addicted to tramadol for about a year because they made me feel so energised. I was also stealing tramadol from people who I knew had them to feed my habit. I was so out-of-control. When I found out I was pregnant though, I went straight to my doctor who said I need to stop taking them straight away because there ARE risks to taking tramadol while pregnant. I asked my doctor to write a medical certificate for me so I could have a couple weeks off work to go through the withdrawals and she agreed and wrote me a medical certificate that stated I needed to have three weeks off work. My love for my unborn child was so strong that I knew I couldn't be selfish and not give him/her the best chance at life. I told my parents and my family what I was about to do and they were extremely shocked to find out that I had a problem but I was willing to be judged just so I had some support during this time. I went to stay at my parents and they let me sleep in the guest room while I went through the withdrawals. It was absolutely horrible! The first few days I was sweating non-stop, had the chills, was shaking, couldn't stand or walk because I was so dizzy, could not sleep AT ALL. I also felt so depressed and exhausted all the time. I had cramps and diarrhoea. It was hell but it made me hate tramadol so much that I was not going to let myself take it again. I went through that for about four days. After that, I always had a low mood and always had mood swings due to having no sleep and hormonal problems from pregnancy. The worst part was that I had insomnia for about three weeks straight. That was the hardest part for me! Now, almost five weeks after quitting, I'm pretty much back to my normal self apart from now having pregnancy symptoms that now make me feel miserable lol. It's so worth it though ladies! I know it's a terrifying road to take and some of you are scared but I feel so much better knowing that I don't have to feel guilty about taking tramadol while pregnant because I'm not doing that. Think about your baby. He/she needs a mother to protect him/her and you have to make the best decisions for the baby. I tried to make so many excuses by telling myself "I could just take a couple, that wouldn't hurt the baby because the pharmacist said so" but I still could never bring myself to take it. I still crave tramadol tbh, sometimes I come close to taking it because I know it'll make me feel energised at work which will counteract the fatigue I'm feeling from the pregnancy but again, I can't bring myself to do it. It's not worth the risk and it's my job to protect my child. I believe in you all. If I can get through this even after taking a ridiculous amount of tramadol every day for a year then you can too!

When you stoped breastfeeding your son did he get any withdrawals?please can you answer me.

Did your son had any withdraw when you stop breastfeeding?or did you taper off while breastfeeding?

Does baby have withdrawals after you stop breastfeeding?
I would appreciate your response.thanks

Are you a doctor? This post is pretty reckless and I can't think of a better word than just plain wrong!!! Baby should be okay??!! Really? You're own child went through withdrawals and you're saying because you're child didn't have severe withdrawals that everyone else taking pain medications like these while pregnant will be fine and the baby will be fine? There's a reason why you're not supposed to take drugs like these while pregnant!!! A very high percentage of babies either die or have complications when they are born. Not everyone will be so lucky like you were. Personally I don't think a baby having any kind of withdrawals is lucky or "okay" as you put it. But you obviously are more concerned about how you feel and how you are than your own child. As an adult you can deal with withdrawals a lot better than a newborn can. So even though it may not seem severe to you doesn't mean that the child wasn't suffering or going through hell. I'm not judging you and I'm sorry if it seems that way. And before anyone asks or says something, I know this from personal experience with large amounts of pain, health problems, addiction and finally getting clean. I know how hard it is. I know how shitty it feels to go through withdrawals. And as a mother, I know how it feels to be pregnant and go through withdrawals. And it's not just the withdrawals you have to worry about. You also have to think about CPS getting involved, which oftentimes they do. Than you've got a whole lot more to deal with than pain and withdrawals. CPS is hard to deal with and they make you go through a lot just to keep your baby. Anyways, what I'm saying is, it's better to go through these withdrawals safely under a doctors care and supervision and get clean for you and your baby. Because you're baby will suffer and you're babies health is / should be the number one priority. Get clean!! It's the greatest feeling in the world and there are other ways to treat pain. You'll be so much happier and healthier sober. And so will the beautiful baby you are having. Remember, everyone Is different, and just because one person had their baby and the baby was ok doesn't mean the same will happen to you and yours. Don't play with fire like that

Hi could you please please tell me what happened, if the doctors can see that you are on tramadol