I have led a life of torture and pain. I have had a lot of extra weight, I ate a lot, I exercised hard and stressed my body to extreme lights. Then I was introduced to vegan diet. I decided to try it, my wife convinced me that it should be effective and she was right. I have lost a lot of weight and improved my overall health. But I have different problem now, I have to gain some weight. Since Im vegan, can I use high calorie shakes?

It is simple. You do not eat meat, but that does not mean you cannot organize diet that will help you gain weight. There are weight gain supplements that do not have lactose; you could use that. Also, rice, avocado, nuts, pasta, legumes, these are all food that you can eat and gain weight. In addition, cook with olive oil .This is a normal, natural way for vegans and vegetarians to add some extra pounds.

I am having trouble gaining myself i have a very high matabolism and also an over active thyroid, no matter what I eat I can't gain I am loosing weight..I am also nursing baby, maybe I am not eating enough...I am getting worried loosing too much in a short time...I drink shakes but it is non-dairy so there is no fat so that is not helping, any suggestions?

Gina