New Reply New Topic Followed by 19 people

about 5 months ago about half way down the shaft of my penis a red inflammed bump, appeared which to be an ingrown hair and was very sensitive to the touch for a few days. After a while it didnt hurt anymore and it just appeared to be an elongated pimple. i has not increased much in size except it seems to have gotten harder and seems like the hair is still trying to find a way out. its less than a 1/4 of an inch by a 1/16 inch large and just appears to be a sitting underneath the skin. im been tryin to get it out but it doesnt wanna budge. anywho does this sound like it could be an ingrown hair?

i have just reciently found the same thing. i do not shave so i am not sure how it happend.

And I have this problem, too. I don't know what am I supposed to do while I can't go to a dermatologist just because the problem is at that specific spot. :-( I hope someone can help us o.O

Celebrity
Guest wrote:

Considering you’ve had it for 5 months now, you could go and see a dermatologist for an antibiotic and antibiotic ointment. It is the most likely an ingrown hair and they usually find their way out but it may take some time.

It is probably still infected and the sebum had accumulated. Picking and squeezing are of no use as you have probably seen it already. There may not be anymore inflammation because it is not painful and sensitive but a course of antibiotics could take care of the bump. It worked for me.

Guest wrote:

And I have this problem, too. I don't know what am I supposed to do while I can't go to a dermatologist just because the problem is at that specific spot. :( I hope someone can help us :shock:

I know this sounds harsh, and it may be painful, but I had the same problem until about.... 2 hours ago... lol. Seriously.

It first appeared 2 days ago as a small semi-hard bump just under the skin on the shaft or my penis. I thought it was an ingrown hair, but I wasn't sure, so I pulled the skin taught, and squeezed lightly, but nothing happened.

I then took a sterlized needle, and very gently pressed the tip of it to the most raised portion of the lump. IT still felt firm, but not "hard", and I could move it somewhat under the skin as if it wasn't attached to anything, and just sitting under the surface. It almost appeared to be a blood blister or a blood vessel under the skin.

After making a tiny hole in it, I suqqezed again lightly, but nothing came out but a tiny drop of blood.
At this point I put neosporin on it, and covered it with an ace bandage becaue they don't make band-aids that big... j/k.
I put a band-aid on it, and left it alone, inspecting it again lat night, and leaving it alone today.
Today though, it started to get sensitive. It was very uncomfortable because it was on the underside of the shaft.
A little while ago, I started inspecting it again, and pulled the sin away from my penis so that I could get in front, and behind the lump. As I pulled the skin tight and put some pressure on it from the backside (opposite the small hole I had made eariler) a significant amount of sebum/puss came out of the hole with some blood. It stung a bit, but I dabbed it up, adjusted my fingers, and squeezed some. I felt the small membrane break which released the entire pocket of fluid and blood. he lump is gone, there is no more discomfort, and I bandaged it up. good to go.

Honestly, that was the most helpful post ever. I couldn't decide about a plan of action (going to doctor, trying to learn more, etc.) until i figured out that it wasn't a wart or anything similar, just sebum accumulated beneath my skin that i needed to release. so i used alcohol to sterilize, and took a knife to the region, and shortly after I had everything squeezed out all nice and clean. YES YES YES

2 years ago I started depilating my penis with a razor. Some time later I dedcided it was not enough and started epilating it with a pair of tweezers(which I now understand was a horrible mistake) I got inward hairs and always managed to cope with them in a certain way (using a needle and a pair of tweezers). However, 6 months ago I got an inward hair which was a lot deeper...I stopped epilating..I ve tried to get it out by all means but it always kinda tore which even impeded its natural growing out...then a second one appered....now and then, I think they will never come out because they are more inclined to the inside...HELP

Oh god. I've got one now (going down finally). I've had one previously (i think maybe even two times before). From my frantic internet searching, it's called a Sebaceous Cyst. It's basically a blocked pore, from what I can tell. Best idea is to apply a warm cloth for 10 minutes, twice a day. The body will absorb the hard sebum or else it will be released through surrounding pores. I was in the shower this evening and the warm water must have "melted" it sufficiently because by just pulling the skin taught, a small amount of sebum came out. Much much smaller now and will hopefully be gone within the next two days. DON'T FRET. It's not an STI. Just be clean down there, guys.

Thanks for all of your graphic posts! I ventured down that area on my BF the other day and saw what you all were describing and I freaked! He insisted it was an ingrown but it gave me the heebie jeebies and needless to say, it killed the mood...However, after reading these posts I think I may be more inclined to believing him now....lol! I had just honestly never heard of ingrowns on a penis before!

good luck to you all!! ....my BF's looks like it's healing...it's kind of peeling (dry looking)....hopefully it'll be back to normal soon!

Let me tell you what,I have been trippin out.The past few day I've had a bump on the shaft of my penis.My biggest fear is herpes,We all know that's the gift that keep's giving.Lol! XD But really I ain't fixin to stick a needle,Knife or any sharp object to to my penis.I like the warm cloth idea better,I have had stuff like this on my thighs before and poppin or puncturing them can scar and make it worse so be careful man!Forreal!That last thing you or I want is for some chick to freak out on you.If I were you I would take my chances with a dotor.

ive had ingrown hairs before on my penis. i'm assuming i have another one now. theres no head to the sore just skin. ive thought about taking a knife to it. ive done similar things before.
this sore is big, about the size of a pinky fingernail give or take a few mm's.

it doesnt hurt by touching it unless i try to squeeze it
anymore advice?

Guest wrote:

I dealing with the same exact thing and I have absolutely no idea what to do... Here i thought i was the only one. If you get any answers could you please let me know? Im sorry i don't have an answer

Guest wrote:

I completely understand what you're saying... I've tried doing the same thing cause i was too embarressed to go to the doctor. I finally went and they removed it but it was traumatic... now I have another one forming out of nowhere and would like to find some other way to make it go away and haven't succeeded. I've tried that antibiotic ointment and it doesn't work.. I've tried everything and it doesn't work!!!! I need help to so if anybody knows ANYTHING please let me know

i Have the same thing , it appeared and the third day i tried to pop it and blood and fluid came out the i left it alone it dont seem to go away , and i do not have the patience to but a hot towel on it

im not stabbing my penis with a needle that sure as hells not happening, does anyone know what to do

~john

btw have only had one partner, and havent had sex for 6 months

So, heres the situation... I got an ingrown one which i'm dealing with, its ok, but, theres another one thats underneath the skin, near the head. Its not popping up or anything, and i was wondering if anyone else had a fix or solution?