I am a 21 year old male. A couple months ago I noticed that whenever I walked longer distances my inner thighs on each side of my testicles really started to hurt. It has been getting progressively worse and I have noticed that where it hurts there are purple markings that look almost like purple scars.

I think it might have something to do with sweating while walking, but i havent the slightest clue as to what it exactly is or how to treat it.

Any ideas?

Hello, I'm afraid I haven't got a solution to your problem. I just thought i'd let you know that you're not alone! My boyfriend has the same scar-like markings ( and incidently is also 21) in the same place, but we have yet to figure out why. He also goes walking a lot.

I experience the exact same thing, it's now summer here, and I sweat a lot when walking, this has been happening to me for the past years, never bothered to see a dermatologist or a doctor since they give me medicines/ointment that cost a lot, just incase my skin starts to feel the pain while walking, i pull my pants up, like wearing your pants like a girl, it usually happens when there is friction from the skin of my thighs.

If ever it gets swollen, i use calmoseptine to treat it, it has this cooling sensation the helps the burn, i apply lotion to it every now and then if ever my skin starts to feel something funny on that part.

Are there better suggestion from anyone here? We'd like to hear from the others who might experience the same problem.

i've had the same problem too, and I'm thinking the solution is boxers that kinda hug your thighs. That way you don't have to pull your pants up.

I have the same thing too. Except mine hurts from time to time. I've had them for a few years though and have gone to many doctors just to look at them and tell me it doesn't look cancerous but that they don't know what it is. The doctor I am seeing now says it looks like a fungal infection and is treating it like one. It still hasn't gone away.

To prevent the chafing from happening use lanacane anti-chafing gel it's a god send...no idea how to remove the marks though.