Hello, folks. My brother has multiple atrial fibrillation recurrences. I would like to know whether cardioversion is suitable for patients with this kind of condition. I am not much familiar with this procedure. I would really appreciate your replies. This will mean a lot to me. Thank you for all your advices.

Hello. Cardioversion can be used sever times. It can be used as many times as it is necessary. However, my neighbor had multiple AF recurrences as well. As far as I know she was given verapamil and anticoagulants. She succeeded. You should consult with your cardiologist. He should know what is better. I hope everything will be great. Good luck!

What happens if ablations have been unsuccessful and the problematic areas are too close to the main bundle to treat with further ablations?   Cardioversion helps only for a short time, and all sorts of meds have been tried with no success.   What are the alternatives for those who have reached the limits for drug, cardioversion and ablation treatments?   Trash those main nerves and go with a pacemaker?   Is that an option?  Transplant would seem extreme, but is that what's in store?  I'm not getting info from the patient (my sibling) and I can't find info on the web about what the 'last resorts' are.