New Reply New Topic Followed by 16 people

friends i am eating slate pencils for 2 years and nowadays also eating ice cubes .is these habits are harmful for my health?pls tell me.......

YES!!!eating slate pencils are bad for you! my friend eats chalk and i keep telling her to stop but she wont...but yess its bad for you and eating ice cubes are fine its just frozen water....now if you are swallowing the ice cubes whole thats a different story. :-|

Yes its harmful for you

Yes definitely it will harm you badly..Stop this.

Yes, eating slate pencil is extremely harmful for the body and it can cause problems in the kidney. You need to go to a doctor to get the habit fixed. I have also heard that this type of habit indicates calcium or other mineral deficiency. Your doctor can advice you better on this.

I have been consuming slatepencils for past 10 years. I have this habit since my schooling. Now iam married & have a kid...i never had any kind of problem. During pregnancy i totally stopped consuming slatepencils. This was due to the calcium tablet (Doctor prescribed) that i was taking everyday. Calcium tablet will help a lot. Now since i stopped taking the tablet....I again started to crave for eating slatepencils...actually its depends how we manage our food....i eat healthy food, drink lot of water so i never faced any kind of problem by eating slatepencils till now. Incase if ur appetite is reducing & u r consuming slatepencils more than food then it is very harmful to your health. if ur appetite is normal & u r including fresh fruits & veggies in ur daily diet then no problem. u can have slatepencils without any fear but make sure u have more food than slatepencils in a day.

No worries.....:-D

Kaniska wrote:

No worries.....:-D

Very first positive post i read about eating slate pencil :D

bindu wrote:

Kaniska wrote:

No worries.....:-D

Thank u this is the good post for me,because iam also consuming slatepencils fo past 6 years but i scearing about that, u r clarify my doubt thank u so much.........

Ya truly.. and surprisingly this is a Very first positive post for me too which I read till now about eating slate pencils. Even I'm consuming Slate pencils from past 6years and still its continuing. I had this habit in my childhood. Gradually I stopped eating slate pencils. I again started at my higher studies and was habituated completely. Daily I will eat 1 packet (20 to 25 pieces) of slate pencils. I heard that eating slate pencils is very harmful to Women’s health. I eat healthy food daily but I noticed that I had Calcium deficiency and my haemoglobin levels have dropped. Now I'm 26yrs old, working in Software field and recently got married. Still, I’m consuming lot of slate pencils per day. I don’t know how to curb this habit. I feel very uneasy if I don’t eat a single slate pencil a day, that much I’m habituated. Will it give any cramps during my pregnancy? Will it affect my baby in tummy? Is there any other balancing formula to curb this habit? Please help me and provide more details on it.

Are you sure it is slate that you are eating? Slate is a type of stone and it is not good for you. Slate pencils are very rare these days so I'd be surprised if that is what you are eating. Most pencils are made of graphite now. It is also not good to eat graphite and as suiggested above is likely the result of a mineral deficiency and/or habit that you should look into.

I dont know which place are you from but at our place we find slate pencils packs in almost every general stores. The ones which I buy are made of natural stone not graphite. In my earlier post I have not mentioned as to how many Slatepencils I have per day...it is 4-5 slate pencils or less than this. That's y I never had any issues about my health. I heard people eating pack of slatepencils i.e is 20-30 a day which is terrible & very harmful. If you of such kind then you will surely be attacked by many health problems.

Can you tell me where too get nice slate pencils of natural stone.. am always getting the graphite slate pencils in Bangalore. It is hard and difficult to have.

I am from Andhra Pradesh...so no idea where u can good slatepencils in Bangalore

does any health problem occurs if v eat 3 slate pencils per day

yes it is very harmful just leave this habit ...my friend or else in feature u have to worry...and even your family.consult a doctor as fast as u can