I'm a 17 year old schoolgirl and I have noticed that something isn’t right with my genitals.
I didn’t pay attention on it before but now, it started to bother me.
When I sit in a school bench for a long time I'm starting to have irritation in my vulva region.
After irritation, of course, even normal walking running can represent quite a problem.
How could I describe me problem? My vulva does not have usual shape because some labia from inside are peaking out because they are too big. So, in a normal shape, the most expressed are those labia minora.
I don’t know is this normal but I don’t think so.
Of course I'm too embarrassed to discuss about this with my parents of with my friends at the school. Please help!

That is the most bias, uneducated answer I have ever read!
The writer has made it clear that THEY have a problem with what is a natural, anatomical occurrence that no one should be ashamed of!
Surgery is not the answer - maybe less tight clothing would do the trick!

There is nothing wrong with your labia.
Large thick floppy labia is a big turn on to most man and you cannot worry about it

Right, maybe maybe less tight clothing would solve the "problem"

hey zeb,good to see you holding up the LLP end. :-)

I agree W/ guest & Zeb! There is nothing wrong w/ it. A large labia is a big turn on to a lot of us men. Everybody is differant, and what men like is also indivual. Some like small breast, some like large. Some like long hair, like I do, some short hair. Its the same w/ this. You don't need to worry about it and you may find that your partner will say nothing. But say you're going to trim them surgically and you may get a loud protest! Wear looser jeans and get the seam away from it a little more, fold them in, and love yourself.

I have majorly hypertrophed labia and looser clothing is NOT the answer either. They actually hurt more in looser clothing because they rub against my legs when I walk and it is really irritating. They're so swollen all of the time that it just is really uncomfortable and inflamed down there. I need surgery! Not looser clothing..

As a man my genitals sometimes gets rubbed when walking,but I'm not cutting it off. There's gotta be a better way for you to deal with your labia.

crockford wrote:

You suffer from one very common problem called Extreme hypertrophy of the labia minora.
Hypertrophic labia minora are occasionally a concern of young adults or adolescent girls.
Medical definition for this condition is-Labial hypertrophy is defined as a maximum distance of the labia from base to edge of 4 cm.
So, some don’t need any correction and some cases should be surgically corrected for several reasons.
The surgical criteria for hypertrophic labia minora are not clearly established.
No meter what you decide to do, you must know one thing, surgical correction was highly efficacious, safe and satisfactory.

Man you sound like you are promoting the surgeons. Labia surgery shouldn't be a girl's first choice. Only do it if it gives you extreme physical problems. It is not so uncommon to have labia hypertrophy!

Guest wrote:

I'm 24. A few days ago I went to see a gynaecologist for the first time. She told me that I had very lage labia minora and this is a sign that my body contains too much estrogen. Of course, I was kinda intrigued and she expained to me that this is not abnormal.

What I want to say is that, although I'm still a virgin, I know that men like and enjoy women with large labia minora. And I will never ever feel uncomfortable about that. I lOVE my large labia minora!

Hi all

I'm a 27y old man, and I can only quote this post.

If you think that boys can be sorta "scared" by big labia minora, you are totally WRONG: in fact around 85%, maybe 90% of man just love bigger labia minora, for various reasons.

And btw it's nothing of "abnormal": something like 50% of the women have more or less hypertrophy of labia minora (which is a natural thing).
It's just like eyes color ... hair color ... breast's size ... penis size ... we are all different, luckly !

Grettings

I have hypertrophic labia minora too. Perhaps not as extreme as some pple though, from the sounds of things. I find that boy-short styled underwear rides up and really chaffs and hurts as well as a lot of inseams from pants and trousers. Staying away from those styles and having slightly lower crotch lines when it comes to pants has helped me. I'm not really into getting myself surgically cut into..i've always been of the mind that if you start having surgery for one thing then you'll just keep finding another and another thing to go get cut off or altered. Having said that, if your labia minora really are hurting you, no matter what you wear or different styles and sizes you try, then go see a doctor and see what suggestions they come up with. Surgery might be an option but there may be less drastic solutions. I think a major issue with me when it comes down to having this, is about my own self-image and fears that my partner secretly despises what i look like down there, i fear that he says he doesn't mind or likes it just so i won't stop sleeping with him. And what a new partner might think when he first sees me. But then my personal weapon against that self-esteem blow is that for the first 2 mins after a new partner and i get naked i'm very critical in my head abt their privates until i know that they're not openly being critical abt mine, then i just forget whatever i was thinking and enjoy the guy like they're enjoying me. These are the types of issues that worry me when it comes down to it. ..Anyway..those are my thoughts.

people need to be more open minded and not so self concious...i dont understand y are u afraid to tell ur parents about this? if u have someone really close to u that cares about u...its better to let them kno its botherin u...better then keepin it inside and u always could get advice...

She didn't ask what men or her partner like! She doesn't like it! Go for the surgery if it bothers you or causes you discomfort. I had it and am pleased. You heal well and fast there. And don't wear baggy clothes. I had a pretty nice figure, with a lot of work, after 2 babies...which didn't help the labia issue..why should I hide it.
Do what you think will make you most comfortable and feel good about it. Nobody will ever know. And men will find you appealing whether you have it or not. Good luck!

I am a 29 year old woman with 'labial hypertrophy' as they call it, and I have never had a dull sex life. I have been with many men, a few women, and am now happily married to a man who has never made me feel bad about my enlarged labia. I realized my labia was unlike the average not until my early twenties, until then I never even knew mine was different (I don't look much at other women's labias).
I always had mild rubbing issues, but nothing that was painful or so uncomfortable that I had to seek medical assistance. I recently looked into labia reduction, or 'plasty', but there are risks of losing sensation or even awful pain that will last for life. I have a great sex life, and I am fortunate enough to be among the minority of women who have multiple orgasms with intercourse, and would not risk loss of sensation via genital mutilation(call it what you want, that's what it is).
There may be a man or two out there who would prefer a small labia, but as most of the wonderful men on this post attested to, men do not care. I have to admit, I initially was very distressed to learn my labia was larger than deemed 'normal', but I am not very comfortable with my body and feel very sexy despite the fact that I don't fit the perfect mold. I think whoever posted the reply that large labias are unnatural and should be cut to the mold, is very disturbed and should seek couseling and have all sharp objects taken away from them immediatley! :-) As far as comfort, trail and error. Some of my clothes are uncomfortable but with the right undies I can usually remedy the situation, though I am a big fan of going undiless too.

I'm 18 years old and only recently realized that my labia was different from "normal" women. At first I was embarrassed and unsure of what to do. I'm still a virgin, so the thought of being looked at as abnormal or unattractive by the first guy i have sex with is scary. However, after finding this forum and reading all the responses I feel better. Mine doesn't cause me any discomfort so I think surgery would be a bad choice for me. Although I'm worried this is something I'll be self conscious about for the rest of my life. It's hard not to think that if this one thing is different about my body, what else could be? Like I said though, finding this forum really helped me. So thanks to those of you who said nice, encouraging things!

once upon a time my left labia minora was hypertrophied and it took me a minute to figure out what was up because it was UNCOMFORTABLE when i wore LOOSE clothing. i asked my doctor about it (who had never mentioned anything after 9 years of being her patient so obviously it's totally common cuz my OBGYN is tha sh*t) and she said that if it was uncomfortable i could possibly be a candidate for surgery.

it WAS uncomfortable and i don't like to use the H word but i hated it! i couldn't even walk around naked without noticing how sensitive and uncomfortable it was, rightly so because the labia minora is highly vascular (lotsa blood vessels) so it's noticeable when your clothing/body comes in contact with it.

anyway, i ended up getting the surgery to reduce it to be within the labia majora and i couldn't not be happier about my choice. i know surgery is extreme and i don't even like to take advil or go to the doctor. so believe me people it was not my first choice. but it did go smoothly because the type of tissue in this region of the body regenerates quickly (i will tell you that i went from a speed walker to a super slow walker real quick for a minute there ;-)

i hope this helps all of you that are experiencing this. REMEMBER i am totally down with the hypertrophied labia minora but if it is uncomfortable and you just can't stand it i wanted to let you know i've been through it and this is how it turned out. for all the males that posted about how it's dope when girls have large labia minora and
"it's a turn on" are the sh*t...way to keep it real!

L8