I've been having strong symptoms of possibly anxiety since last November 2012. I'm a university student, 20 year old male. My symptoms include a lot of belching and nausea, feeling of lump in throat, heart beating, temperature/heat, shortness of breath etc. The nausea and belching are the worst symptoms. I have also had two-three (what seem to be) panic attacks, where I got sweaty hands, bad nausea, belching for 30 minutes then went away.

How I might know it's anxiety is that it seems to get very bad, when I'm in class, at movie theaters, etc. and some social settings, but in general it's minimal but always there constantly. I tend to be naturally anxious and have had a prior bad health anxiety that could've triggered this whole thing. I'm getting very worn out by the day to day symptoms, and don't want medication as nothing seems to work well and I'm not one to be taking prescriptions daily.

I eat very well and clean, go to the gym and swim three days a week. 

I went to a doctor in May of this year and he said it sounded like anxiety but didn't seem certain since it's hard to pinpoint. Ran a thyroid and blood work, everything was fine. If anyone has had these symptoms, and it sounds like anxiety related, I would love to hear your replies and feedback and how to possibly overcome it just so I can know it's not something else. Thoughts, breathing, therapy, etc.?

Thanks

Hi, I am sorry for what you are going through. If you are in college I would say that you probably are under a lot of stress. Some of what you said sounds like anxiety, but as for the other you really need to see another doctor that will listen to you. If you don't like taking medicines you may be able to do therapy and see if that helps, if not then you really need to see about taking medicine. It want go away by itself.If you want to get or feel better you have to do something about it because you will get worse even if it's by worrying weather you have it or not. Please talk to someone there are many places out there you just have to be willing to find them. I hope this helps and would like for you to post if you get good news or any news on what is wrong.  Good Luck