I am on methocarbamol 750mg a day. I had complains about it side effects to my health provider and he switched me to soma. I know nothing about that other medication so I decided to learn it this way. Is methocarbamol 750mg stronger or weaker than soma? Did you have personal experience with these medications?

At some point of time not so far in past, I had to take both, methocarbamol and some. First, it was methocarbamol 750mg a day, but it was changed because I felt no relief from it. Than I was put on soma and I felt better. Problem with soma is addiction. After taking off soma, I had a bad period (meaning dealing with addiction). In my case some was stronger than methocarbamol.

I have been on soma for 4 years and my dr just put me on robaxin. I was having to take 3 somas at the same time to feel better. but no matter how much robaxin I use it doesn't help. So I think soma is much better.

Robaxin is alright as a drug but in my experience not as effective as soma. Also, I was pregnant when I was on robaxin and the doctor informed me later that it can cause all sort of stomach and digestive abnormalities in the pregnancy.
I lost the babies.. it happens sometimes with mutiples, but with my soma, I am able to take it while pregnant and experience less pain over all.
I have fibromyalgia. The pain can be horrible from time to time, but it seems to help take the edge off.

anders wrote:

***8what side effects to your health did you have hen you were taking methocarbamol 750mg

it really depends on the person cuz for me they feel the same everybody is different

my husband has been on Hydrocodone & somas for almost 10yrs.  I hate them both! Somas, however, are the absolute worse!  Yes, they make him act like he is drunk and they are highly addictive!  Addiction is a disease in it's self, so if you have family history or a high tendency for addiction then I highly suggest that you find alternative therapy for your pain management!  I work for a Physical Therapist and there are many alteratives to narcotic medications.  My family is being torn apart because of these medications and honestly I would prefer my husband smoke marijuanna then continue on Somas.  It is a shame that everyone believes that MJ is worse than what is being pedalled to them by some Dr. Not to mention that our debt crisis could be remedied by legalizing MJ!  After all more deaths occur from smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol then smoking MJ.

Mj helps my husbands Marburg variant MS. Methocarbonnal is for spasms and pain in my neck and back from streesssed . 500 mg doesn't help. What works for ones doesn't always work for another.

Somas killed my mother

truly sorry to hear that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pills never killed anyone. Addiction to pills however can certainly lead to someone overdosing and killing themselves. While if your claim is the truth we certainly feel for your loss please don't blame the drug. I have been taking Oxycodone and Soma for 7 years and have managed to keep my pain level to a manageable state and maintain a semi-active lifestyle. Try to focus on the result rather than the cure. If you take Soma with the intent of getting the euphoria then you are no longer simply managing your pain but abusing drugs, period. Once you are at that level you make it difficult for those of us who don't abuse and give pain management a bad name. My doctor is now no longer writing prescriptions for Soma as so many are abusing them. To all of you I say "gee, thanks assholes" as after going through almost a dozen different muscle relaxants and finally finding something that works, now I have to endure waking up in pain several times each night, not getting any quality sleep and will probably go through withdrawals, all thanks to your weak constitution. Robaxin is NOT effective and a waste of money compared to Soma.

anders wrote:

For years I have had fibromyalgia and spinal arthritis and now degenerative disc disease. The migraines come from the neck pain/tightness. I also have it in my back. I have taken robaxin quite often (750,4-6 per day depending) but am on soma now because I began to get really sick to my stomach with the robaxin, even with food. Here is what I find interesting: back in about 2005 I tried soma and didn't think it helped enough...I was on a stronger pain medications though and was used to the robaxin. When I switched back to the soma in 2009, it was helpful (it was a lesser pain medication though also). Recently, just out of curiosity, I tried of couple of robaxin from someone and they seemed to be relatively about the same, maybe a tad weaker, but not much. I think there are a couple of things that happen, or can happen, depending on the person and how long they have been taking the medication. One is that what happens is the body becomes used to a certain type of medication and if it is switched, it may need an adjustment period. On the other hand, I think it may be good to change off once in awhile just to give the body a break from the one kind. Overall though, I do think soma (if it's Watson brand-that stuff from India and Dan are not very good)...are overall more effective, though more addictive. Of course any of it can be addictive, so...it's a tough road. If someone could just get rid of this pain and all these problems, I'd flush them all down the toilet in a hot second.

Agreed that one can blame the pills too much and also that there are way too many ppl going just to get their "high" meds. I have heard ppl in pain management talking about the little pains they get in their knees and backs and think, "Wow. I'd be in hog heaven if that's all I ever felt. Back pain doesn't even bother me that much even though it can cause me to not be able to walk or bend sometimes. It's this unholy c**p in my neck/shoulders that eats up into my head. (Have to take imitrex also). Just to sit on a computer hurts after awhile. I see ppl at the pain management who can sit on the chairs just fine for 2 hours without leaning on a wall-if I did that I would hurt so bad, I'd be in bed for a day. Many of these ppl are also hugely overweight and really just need to knock off some poundage to help straighten out their backs (unless it's a metabolic thing). I posted on the robaxin/soma just now...I have taken robaxin but it started making my stomach sick really badly. I will say it's effective to a point... but no, not as strong as soma. I had mentioned in the other post that I tried a couple recently but forgot that I mixed those with a half soma so may be wrong. I also know that when a pharmacy I was trying out a few months ago gave me some from a company in India, they were awful. Those and the Dans are just not the same as Watson. The parmacist said they have the same ingredient list, but it must be the fillers or something.

I have been taking Soma for 7 to 8 years now. Yes, my pain is bad enough for it but I have become addicted to the drug. I guess after so long the med. stops working and I need more. I dont want to hurt like this but I cant seem to stay on this drug soma, let alone I have been taking it with nuerontin, xanax, vistrial, zantac, keppra, singulair, etc. all medications that pertain to asthma it seems. I have actually been on Singulair 10mg. for 22 years or better. I have had 11 surgeries at one time including  COLONECTOMY, which only fixed half the problem, now I HAVE AN GASTRIC ELECTRICAL STIMULATOR placed in my stomach, to aid in digestion because my stomach is paralyzed. I know have a GORE TEX MESH that wraps around my body like a permenant  diaper.  When I had my colon removed in 2003, I developed a nerve disease that I apparently had but didnt know. It will eventually kill every nerve in my body which means, that I will experience all of my organs shuting down 1 at a time. So, I beg someone to help me understand all this. Oh by the way, this doesn't include the 5 wrecks I have been in where I was rear-ended, an electrical shock of 15,000 volts, 2 birth tramuas, a hysterectomy, Surgerical prodcedures where I had to have my to bottom teeth removed in an emergency situation, I had already had my top teeth removed due to the electrical shock.I have had a Gall Bladder surgery, the list goes on & on. I have arthritis all over my body as well as my knee caps are 2 to 3 inches higher than they are suppose to be causing me to fall alot. I have been diagnosed with severe to critical depressive, and now I am having idiopathic seizures.Please Someone Hear MY CALL FOR HELP!!!!! Thanks TAM 

I think you need an opiate based pain killer. It sounds like your in a hell of alot of pain, and those other pills arent working. I hope you get them, and get some relief.