New Reply New Topic Followed by 15 people

Yes my relative aged 62 is detected with certain percentage of pancreas damaged.

Hi there,
I have a very rare form of Diabetes and although I have a slight pancreas left, it is only a slither. However, my digestive problems were remarkably improved with the use of Creon pancreatic enzymes. I hope this helps.

My immune system dissolved my Pancreas 10 years ago and apart from changing my diet for a healthier one and the diabetes For which I have an insulin pump and the creon capsules I take with every meal I am probably healthier then I was prior to loosing my Pancreas.

My daughter's boyfriend went through exactly what you describe. If you respond I can give him your information. We live in Texas. His name is Nick. I need his permission before I share more.

Happy to hear you're doing so well. Must have a good doctor and insurance. For those of us with neither, it's a great deal harder. God bless.

It's as if I'm reading my own story. Actually passed out after bowel movement and rushed to hospital. Was anemic and dehydrated. Internal bleeding from ulceration at internal surgical site. I did not have a good doctor and the hospital was just not capable. Johnson city Medical Center, Johnson city Tennessee. It's been two years and my problems never end. Dizziness nausea stomach pain nightmare bowel movements tremors often feel I might not make it through the day. I try hard to appreciate the good moments amid the inability to work or take a walk or sleep. Anyway, iron is suppose to help with anemia and electrolytes for dehydration. Keep your chin up and try to find beauty in the little things. God bless.

Not sure if you are still looking for info or if your husband is still suffering. I have been suffering without a pancreas for many years

Can you tell me what is your diet like. I feel like I am suffering. If you can send respond to my email not on this site much. I am truly depressed with my life due to not having pancreas. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

My diet consist of no fried foods. Lots of veg. and fruits. No beef. I felt like the same when my body ate my pancreas away. I spent 6 years trying to get it right. I had a seizure a least once a week . I mean full blown seizure. trying to get my insulin right. I am very sensitive to it. Finally my endo put me on insulin that you inhale before meals. Afrezza. and 1 shot of triseba a day and I am doing much better. Now I have a life again. I have gone 7 months without a seizure and able to cut back on how much I was eating. I was eating 4,000 calories a day to keep sugars up now I am back down to normal. Thank god for being skinny. Good luck with it I know you can do it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel for all of us without pancreas

I have also had all those organs removed 10 months ago and am recovering mostly ok, but have still got problems with my digestion. Creons have worked on and off and is currently not working much. Have started taking imodium, and feel a bit better but am still not digesting my food, very frustrating. Have had the required tests and nothing wrong. Am taking the strongest creons 40.000 and am not allowed any more. Take 4-5 with each meal. Very frustrated as I can feel my stomach working, like a heavy stone in my gut.

I'm dating a gentlemen without a pancreas..he is coming up on 5 years
surgery done at Froedtert Hospital in Wisconsin

Yes... I had a pre-malignant cyst on my pancreas and they removed it completely as well as the duodenum, spleen, part of my small intestine, gallbladder, some liver bile ducts, (Uterus & ovaries were already removed) so... I'm hollow. On Sept. 12 it will be ten years. I am now a type 1 diabetic and use a pump and CGM. I take Creon and a bucket full of supplements and although I'll have an issue now and then, I'm doing well. It requires discipline and a positive mental attitude. Eight of my family members passed on from pancreatic cancer.... I'm very fortunate/blessed

I had a similar issue with my stomach. They put me on a medication called Domperidone (similar to the champagne) It comes from a pharmacy in Texas. It made a world of difference with my stomach. However, you take more Creon than I do. For a snack I take 24000 and with a meal it's 36000.

Hello, My name is Anne Lie, I was born and live in Sweden, I was born with à severed eusophagus, without à gallbladder and My pankreas was defekt, wich means that My liver is forced to do all the chores in My body

I know this thread is over a year old, but I'm new to living without a pancreas. I'm looking for a support group or just anyone I can relate to. So far, this lifestyle sucks. I'm a 42 year old, single mom... trying to survive for my 2 kids. I had pancreatic cancer and glad to still be alive, but this diabetes is kicking my butt. I can't seem to keep stable blood sugars, no matter what I eat. The horrible gut aches send me to the ER often and the diarrhea is common. I'm scared to leave the house for too long. I'm lonely ams afraid. Can anyone help? Thank you.