my 18 year old daughter started behaving weird lately or she is euphoric or completely depressed and in fact I am curious is this bipolar disorder since I am kind of a familiar with these bi polar disorder symptoms for my sis in law is diagnosed with manic depression about almost 20 years ago so I am afraid now this could be inherited, genetic or what? I think my daughter might be having bipolar disorder flare now and actually she already had this manic phase-she was restless and euphoric with no sleep cravings and also very aggressive and now it is been foe days she sleeps and feels sad and depressed she even is complaining on some unexplained pain. Is this bipolar disorder or it is just an adolescence period and do I need to search for some professional advice?

Regarding her symptoms and especially regarding the fact her aunt is diagnosed with bipolar disorder you better go see some psychotherapist for it is more likely to be about bipolar disorder. And as for the bipolar disorder cause it is not always inherited though in your daughter's case it might easily be so anyway the genetic as well as environmental factors are of big importance here. Anyway if it turns out those symptoms are bipolar disorder related than you should know it could persist over the whole lifetime but are very well managed when are controlled by meds and psychotherapy and the results are better the faster treatment starts. My sis was also diagnosed with bipolar disorder more than a decade ago and ever since that time she is on antidepressants and mood stabilizers combination along with regular psychotherapy counseling and the most important thing here is not quit meds therapy ever for the symptoms could only worsen doing so.