I'm not sure if I'm just weird or if you guys are drama queens. I've been an opiate user for a long time. Withdrawal from harder opiates like heroin, morphine and fentanyl can be unbelievably bad. I've been through some withdrawals that must be the closest thing to hell a person can experience. Tramadol withdrawal is a walk in the park in comparison. I've been on 300-400mg per day for months now, and stopping produced barely a hint of what I would call withdrawal. I felt a little strange/disconnected/uncomfortable for a day, but it honestly can't even be compared to real opiate withdrawal.

I don't mean to seem dismissive, but I'm wondering how many of you have experience with the pure terror that is true opiate withdrawal. Maybe Tramadol withdrawal is hard if you've never experienced anything else. To me, it's barely noticeable compared to the real thing.

First of all you were only on it for a few months, not years like some of us. Second of all it is not a typical opiate, its pharmacology is very similar to ssri's which can produce different withdrawals than opiates, very similar to antidepressant withdrawal. I have withdrawn from heroin, oxy, benzos, hydros, fentanyl, alchohol, anti depressants both tricyclic and ssri, seroquel, methadone, subs, among others. So with all due respect, F off with that drama queen BS. Take it for a few years at high doses and quit suddenly and then see how you feel.

Also, maybe you should do some research before dismissing other people's withdrawals. Here I'll do it for you. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting web addresses is not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use
And by the way, sudden discontinuation of long term benzo use and antidepressant use is MUCH worse than opiate withdrawal. Much closer to hell. And much more dangerous.

Withdrawing from 200 mg tramadol a day. Nothing like withdrawal from oxycontin,percocet etc. That was straight up evil! I'm fatigued, have chills, and diarrhea. I'm on day 3 cold turkey. My mental acuity is better and I don't feel spaced out anymore!

GoodiIdea ! don't take anymore!

I was taking tramadol for 5 months. I was down to 50mg around 4:00 in the afternoon. I was taking this for 3 compression vertebra fractures. I ran out and for two days feel like I'm jumping out of my skin, not sleeping, more pain in my back!!! My primary care would not renew it for me. Took 4 Advil and it didn't touch the pain. HELP

Go back and tell that as****e to help you! That is his responsibility as a health care provider.Does he still follow the Hippocratic Oath? Sorry,I have been through all this and I know how bad it is! Ambien will help with sleep problems.

Google Emily's post warriors

Spot on, tramadol withdrawal almost killed me about 1and1/2 years ago. Won't go into details, but just made it through by the skin of my teeth. Getting off norco is a walk in the park. Tramadol is pure hell to go thru. But it has to be done. Lee H