New Reply New Topic Followed by 20 people

It started with a headache and sore throat. after a day it was gone but for the past week and a half ive been having a runny nose on and off. but im constantly coughing because everytime i breath out something is like tickling my throat and i have to cough. help!

I believe i have the exact same problem as ivory. This itchy feeling in my throat just wont go away and it's constantly making me cough. After i cough to re leave the itch it's gone for about 1.5 seconds and then it comes back, you can imagine how annoying it is!

If anyone can help please reply!

lol i have the same problem and it is really irritating the sh*t out of me its normally just when im trying to go sleep then sleeping becomes pointless but i have a little solution and it is eat a little bit of tooth paste or really strong airwaves it seems to sooth it for alot longer but i would really like to know what it is and how to get rid of it for good i smoke maybe that might be a cause but i know people that dont smoke and they say they have had it before

I've had an itch in my throat for the past several weeks!!! It too is driving me NUTS!!!! I have taken several over the counter allergy meds with no relief. I am sleeping about 3 hrs a night because I'm constantly coughing. My wife is about to kill me because I'm keeping her awake at night. I've been reduced to sleeping with my 10 year old son. He also has the same symptoms. I can't help but think it's alergy related. Whatever the cause, I neded some relief ASAP!!! Any remedy would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds to me like you are definitely suffering from allergies. Unfortunately, it is hard to say what allergy it is specifically but you will need to see your doctor about this. If over the counter treatments aren't working then your doctor can give you a cortisone shot or something else that will help you get over your allergies. It's really helpful because you only need a shot and you won't have symptoms for a long time. Keep us posted on how it works for you!

Hey folks, I have the same problem that started 3 yrs. ago next month. Have had all kinds of tests--CT scans, MRI, x-rays, tb tests, allergy tests and seen pulmonary, allergist, gastro, ears/nose/and throat docs and a speech therapist. No one can tell me the reason for the tickle or the cough. Cough gets so bad, I vomit sometimes. Nose gets stuffed up and I can't breath because I'm coughing at the same time. Very frustrating and embarrassing especially when it happens when I'm out. The only thing I am allergic to is dust. No gastro problems according to the doc. HELP!

Guest wrote:

That's so strange! If you've been to an allergist, I can't tell why that would happen. Have you been able to take anything for it? Like would cough syrup with codeine help you out at all? Let me know if you've been prescribed something.

Same thing here. I can't talk and breathing makes it hurt/tickle/itch more. The coughing can't be stopped unless I hold my breath. But, since I eventually HAVE to breath, it starts over. It comes with no warning, just a sudden stab in the back of my throat, then it's on. Sometimes it's only a couple minutes, sometimes almost an hour. Do you think allergies?

I wonder if this is the same thing as I have! It comes out of nowhere these last couple of days it has been every day and a couple times at that. I get this kinda tickle/itch like feeling in my throat, holding my breath seems to stop the sensation to cough and choke, then only one side of my face is affected by my eye watering and nose running. It only lasts a few minutes but feels like forever, and sometimes it feels like my throat wants to close. I have found sometimes taking a drink, holding my breath, or just coughing like crazy is the only thing that helps stop the feeling. Can anyone relate? I have no idea what it could be as sometimes it happens at home, work, outside, classroom, etc. I just want it to STOP, it's embarrasing and I really hate the way it feels, if it comes on and I keep breathing sometimes it feels like my throat is going to close up, but of course it never has!! If anybody can relate feel free to email me or reply back....

Thanks :-D

Eating bananas can cause all this, try giving them up, and let us know if the problems go away.

Hi. When I have a coughing attack at night, either from a tickle in my throat or from allergies, I find it helps to sit up for a few monents, take a drink of water, and then sleep with my head elevated. Coughing at night while trying to sleep is definitely irritating to both you and your sleeping partner. Good luck.

Vickie

I have had this same problem for the past 5 years unfortunately. I'm not sure what it is, but I have found drinking water at a slow rate and breathing at the same time (when the coughing bouts are really bad) helps calm me down.

TEA TREE OIL! It taste awful but works wonders, put two drops on the back of your tongue when needed. I do this before i go to bed and I sleep with no coughing.

I had the same problem until I was diagnosed with non-wheezing asthma. Now I just use my inhaler and the cough goes away.

same here but my throat keeps burning non stop then i start coughing then i get a stuffy nose then i cant breathe wat is this?!?!?!?! plz help if u know