New Reply New Topic Followed by 20 people

Hello everyone ... I was researching my own cough tonight, same thing about feeling like there is dust in my throat which leads to uncontrollable coughing and gagging. I noticed a couple of you mentioned vitamin c has helped you. I found another website that talked about Vitamins A, B and C and how it fixed her chronic cough. I don't know if it works, but I am responding to this in case any of you are still suffering through the cough thing. I am going to try it, but I don't think I will remember to come back to post my results to this site.
If you managed to get rid of your cough, let me know how you did it please!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

It may be paradoxical vocal fold motion disorder” or PVFMD. Lung doctors (pulmonologists) often refer to this disorder as “vocal cord dysfunction” or VCD. Can be caused by acid reflux, something irritating the lungs, changes in air temperatures, lying flat, post nasal drip, etc.

Same here One eye starts to water and comes suddenly .

It's BREATHE, goddammit, BREATHE through your nose. BREATHE with an E!

Every day all day. I am miserable

Hi all, I was the person who recommended Peptol (on page 12) 3 months ago when I had the flu. Well, I came down with a cold this time and was skeptical that it would work again. I had been fighting a cough this week with last night seeming the worst as I've woken up about 5 times to a hacking itchy cough--even with Nyquil Severe. This morning I said what the heck and popped a Pepto pill. It's been 6 hours starting work and I.have.not.coughed. Just yesterday I wouldn't have even DARED to inhale so deeply in public or anything.

I'll be trying it again this afternoon with my next cold meds dose and again before I sleep to see if I can have a full night uninterrupted. I don't believe this will help everyone, I believed that my cough would more likely be caused by allergies/inhalant irritation than anything like stomacha acid.

Do not swallow tea tree oil. It is poisonous if swallowed. I repeat, do NOT drink or swallow tea tree oil.

HELLO THIS IS AMY NAGY FROM LEXINGTON KY. I GOT AITCHY THROUGHOUT I CAN'T STOP COUGHING PLEASE HELP ME NOW. SIGN AMYNAGY

I'm also having similar problem, before going to bed I take half tablespoon of ajwain,it works really nice.

This will not heal your problem, but it will help you get over the crazy itchy cough. I have found that drinking ginger ale (or something very carbonated) itches just that spot when it slides past, and I stop coughing immediately! I've gotten to where I carry a small screw-on lidded bottle of soda in my purse just in case I'm in public and the awful gagging tickle occurs (which is embarrassing).

Nott if you have severe GERD or Barretts. This could be the WORST thing you can possibly do.

Thanks for ur tip. Really helped me.

I relate to this so much hahaha. its so annoying and im glad im not the only one with this annoying embarrassing problem. lmao
usually only happens when im sick with a cough or flu

Yes thats me my friends think something wrong when i try catch up on sleep in day time after being up all night coughing!