I've had my ears pierced for like a year and now I have a keloid. It is in my cartalige and I never left an earring out of it for more than a few minutes( the time it takes to clean backs or change earrings) part of the hole is sore where the keloid is. So my question is apx how long can I keep an earring out before the hole closes? I have 3 holes in each ear but it's just the one idk what to do

Hello Khaykhay,

Keloids often occur where small injuries have occured like body peircings and they are often found on ear lobes.  Short of some type of surgery or injection there's not much you can do about them.  I don't think the keloid has anything to do with the presence of the earring or the fact that you removed it but rather the physcial act of puncturing the ear.  My ears are peirced and have been for 40 years.  I have left earrings out for well over a year at a time or more and never had a problem with them closing.  I know I've heard of people having them close but I have never experienced it.

Thank you Susan this info helps.

U must take out earrings until pain& soreness is there because constant infection is there.