New Reply New Topic Followed by 19 people

I'm 28 years old. I`ve been having pain in my back (left side). The pain is expecially bed in the morning, when I get up. At first I didn`t pay much attention, used some painkillers, but when I saw some blood in my urine I got scared. A friend told me that I might have some kidney problem, infection or something. I thought it could be some sort of inflammation of my urinary tract but the pain in my back is pointing in kidney problem direction. Is she right? And if so, what to do next?

Yeah, that is probably a kidney infection. Kidney pain in the morning and blood in your urine are the clear signs. You may have pyelonephritis (if you have fever and chills this could be it) or glomerulonephritis (types of kidney infection). Serious conditions, but treatable and curable. An acute kidney infection starts suddenly with severe symptoms, but a chronic kidney infection develops slowly and hangs on – it can lead to kidney failure. You will probably have to go on antibiotic therapy for a week or two (maybe longer if your infection persist).

hi,
I am not sure what I have and if it has anything to do with Kidney.
When I sleep more than 7-8 hours, I do get light pain in my right back, around the kidney area.
The pain goes away a few minutes after I am awake and standing.
For example, it helps when I go to the loo around 6.00. after 5 minutes, I can in fact go back to sleep for another few hours. When it's weekend and I wake up at 10 or 11, the pain is there again. And again it goes away if I wake up and stand for a few minutes.
It seems to me like a mussle pain, because one morning after getting awake at 7.30, I went to the doctor at 9.00 (the pain was already gone by then) and the doctor was able to make me feel the same pain by touching me in the area.
it is now 6 months I go on like this and I would like to know what it is.
I haven't noticed any blood in my urine.
Any help is greately appreciated.
Domenico

Domenico,
I have the exact same symptoms also for the last 6 months. Pain in the morning which goes away as soon as I get up, my urine is coloured now also for the past 6 months. Have got it tested with 2 different doctors. Both tests were clear from infection. Read another post whereby people complaining of similar condition were diagnosed with IGAN by a nephrologist. Would appreciate anybody with any further info or have you an update on your condition Domenico.

Much appreciated

I've been trying to find something about this problem. I haven't paid much attention to this until I just realized that it has been with me for few years. It seems also that when I get up after sleeping more then usual, that's when the pain is the worst. I get the pain on both sides, kidney area, and it gets pretty bad at times where I have to get up becouse it hurts to even turn or breathe. Then if I get up, walk around it goes away and I can go back to sleep again. I haven't noticed it when I get up early, I need to keep better track though. I would really love to know if it's something bad or something I can live with, and not worry. Any ideas are appreciated.

I have been experiencing the same problem since 3 yrs now. im 23. every morning i wake up theres a noticible pain in my right kidney area. the pains goes off after a few minutes. its really worrying me. my nephrologists says theres nothing wrong with my kidneys....but im far from satisfied.

i too have the same problem. I am 29, and have been experiencing this for a few years now off and on....i wake up at around 5am or so (or perhaps am woken up by the pain)...this pain is on my right side in the middle back area. After getting up and walking around it starts to go away. If I continue trying to sleep, I can't because its so uncomfortable. If however, I get out of bed and urinate, I can go back to bed as the pain subsides and I can get a few more hours of sleep.

I have been googling this all morning...can't seem to find an answer...anybody?

Im 30,

hi I had a blocked urethra a few years back where it either closed up or just never grew with the rest of my body and when i used to drink I would be in agony cos the fluid couldn't drain from my kidney to the bladder,

I had a operation and they fixed it, but now i get this problem in the mornings too and I worry that something is still wrong, I also have blood in my semen sometimes but the doctor doesn't give a c**p and said blood in semen is not serious.

I sometimes worry about this and if I find anything I will let you all know.

Cheers

I have it too. Doctor and dietitian told me to drink more water. I made it go away by reducing my calcium supplements to 200-250 mg/day. I have an almost-vegan diet so I need some calcium supplements. Then I realized I was not getting enough Vitamin D. I started taking Vitamin D supplements and could then increase my calcium to 1000 mg/day with no kidney pain in the morning. Then the pain came back. I think 1000 mg/day from supplements is probably too much, even with my diet. I had the same kidney issue two other times: when I tried eggs (a certain amount, mostly whites) and protein powder.

I have leveled off at about 700-800 mg calcium/day from supplements with no kidney pain.

I'm 29 years old and I've been having the same problem with pain on my right side when I wake up. I've noticed that I do not drink as much water as needed and when I started to drink more water maybe 4-5-(16 oz) bottles of water per day, I wake up without any pain. Try that and let me know if that works.

I used bricks to raise one side of my bed so that I sleep with my head higher than my feet. It helped a lot.

I am 24 yrs old and have had these strange "kidney" pains since I was younger. I also have a history of kidney infections (first at 7 yrs old) and urinating blood from the wonderful kidney stones. I did notice that the pain lightens up when I use the bathroom (usually four times in a night).. and it starts about 2 am - not taking long to start. As BRAD said above, I too have tried to sleep sitting up with my head above my feet and it does help the pain subside so I can nod a lil more before it is time to wake. There are nights that I spend tossing and turning all night and don't get any sleep because of the pain! I too do not drink enough water I believe. And, if I slip up and drink a whole iced tea or a soda (I rarely have caffeine - tests from the kidney stone said to lay off caffeine and dairy) then I have lots of pain that night for sure. I have not taken the test to see if my kidneys are damaged and many of the doctors I have like to blame it on my mattress or muscle pain so it hasn't been stressed. I will most likely go to the doctor if drinking more water and taking vitamins doesn't help in the next months to come.

I did not notice that drinking more water helped much until I drank it after dinner. (I do not eat after dinner for other reasons.)

This kidney issue is one reason I take extra care with my overall health. I recommend Fantastic-Voyage.net.

Wow! It's amazing how many people are actually being effected. I'm only 23, I'm very active & initially thought it was just a lower back muscle strain. But when I would wake up in the mornings/in the middle of the night, I would only be relieved (slightly) by urinating. After so, all the pressure would disappear but this would only happen every 2 or 3 months...for about 2 nights or so. It used to seem like both kidneys but now it's my left one that seems to give me the most problems now.

It's actually been about 3yrs I'd say now. Unfortunately, the pain is more persistent. It seems to linger now more than ever. It doesn't hurt to breath as much as it used to but the pain seems to sit with more longer throughout the day.

If anyone has figured out/heard anything that would/could help, please let me know. It's beginning to worry a little.