New Reply New Topic Followed by 39 people

I passed a blood clot about 3 inches long and somewhat thick, and a second one about 1 inch long. I dont normally have blood clots and never any nearly this size. After the clots passed I experianced very heavy bleeding for about 6 - 8 hours. My period usually last about 5 - 7 days and last month it only lasted between 1 and 2 days. I experianced cramping, not overly painful, some nausea, slight dizziness, and feel very drained. Is there a good chance that I had a miscarriage or is this something that happens every now and then?

I too had this almost exact thing happen today. I am totally freaked out. I have a call into my doctor to ask this exact same question, I will let you know what they say.

I have been having very large blood clots some even up to 4 inches long pass through me and my cramps are severe. I started my cycle on Sunday and it's now Saturday with a steady flow no end in site. I have take all types of aspirin to thin blood nothing is calming pain or thinning clots. I am now worried it may be a miscarriage I have had black problems before my period and the cramps are SEVERE. Should I be concerned, I just had my annual last month June 9th, everything normal should I be concerned??????

Now it's my turn & am experiencing what you described...what did it turn out to be, what eventually happened?

When I am on my period before the ending I always have a very bad pain to where I have to lay on my side or sit on the toilet. Within minutes from that pain a thick long tough blood clot falls out. After it comes out the pain goes away. I have had this happen every time I am on my period. I thought it was normal. Has anyone heard of this. Please help me,8 I tried to describe this to my gynecologist and he had no clue of what I was talking about.

This happened to me almost a year ago and i called a nurse, they said to go to the er and not drive due to possible blood loss.... my clot was about 3 inches round and when i got to the hospital they did a pregnancy test and that's all!!!! i later went to the gyno and she said it was the pill, no one did any physical exams on me and i still don't know why but it looked like skin that came out.... i still would like to know if something is wrong because i've been having irregular periods lately

I have had the same thing happen to me since I started my period when I was 12 years old! Im 28 now and it comes and goes. The previous post was most like mine...it looks like a chunk of skin or flesh. When i was 20 years old I saved it and took it to the lab to have it tested. They said it was fine and totally normal and I have noting to worry about. I just worry that the lining of my Uterus is going to wither away! I don't have any children yet, so that may be the problem. Does everyone else have children? My mother said a lot of these symptoms go away when you have a baby. Dont worry ladies!!

i am experiencing the same thing. i have large blood clots and have never had them before. i'm 18 and have had my period for about two years. the first large clot came about three hours ago and I've been doing as much research as possible to see what it's about and how long they'll last. i know i need to see my doctor but he's out of town and I've never been to a gyno so i don't know who to contact.

I have experience the same thing. I started my periods when I was 10. They are like clockwork always have been and always been heavy before children I used have severe cramping. As I got older the clots have been heavier, I have had 2 boys and a tubal ligation. I have to say that the clots have gotten worse since the tubal. For the last 8 years (since the tubal), at least one day of my period is almost unbearable I literally am in the restroom all day or night. The clots are huge about 4"x2", I experience nausea, dizziness, fatigue, and just recently I have been experiencing headaches and cramping. The clots are awful and honestly the doctor's just can't help. The pill only masks the problem. The blessing is that it is pretty much confined to one day of heavy, clotting. The rest of the 6 days is my "normal" heavy period.

Same problem here, in the bathroom every 30 minutes, heavy bleeding, blood clots the size of Oreo cookies, thick and roundish. Very hard to stay employed when I spend half of my work schedule in the restrooms. After bleeding like that for 4 months non-stop, I went to a GYN specialist, she did every test thinkable. They even did an ultra sound test from within my vagina with a wand with a condom on the end. Turned out to be Fibroid the size of a large melon. It had caused my uterus to swell to the size of a grapefruit (the doctor's words) and it should be the size of an small egg. She started me on Lupron injections the first injection was a trail to slow down the bleeding and to start the Fibroid and my uterus to shrink. It started to work, BUT, the hormone injection (Lupron) turned me into a very temperamental female in the worse way, a very bad attitude, but the doctor had told me it would and I researched a lot before I agreed to take the injection. My first injection was the last week of June and the bleeding stopped in July. The next injection was in August and would last for 3 months (the first one was 1 month injection). The bleeding has stopped almost no period at all, when it comes on it's very light and only last maybe two days. Read about Lupron online. The heavy bleeding also caused me to become Anemeia, weak, tired, not able to do much after bleeding for 4 months March 21-July 29. The hormone injection will have to continue until everything in back on track and the Fibroid has been cleared up. The doctor said the Fibroid is not a big concern if it wasn't causing the bleeding. I also take iron pills now to get my blood count back on track. 8-|

Hello ladies...I just wanted to say to the younger women if you're experiencing clots larger than quarter size to please see a doctor.
Such large clots are also a SIGN OF A MISCARRIAGE!!! Also, it's probably a good idea to ask your obgyn about endometriousis (sry spelling) just so you have all the facts. God bless & take care.

I have uterine fibroids, having them embolized next month. Please go to your gyn and request an ultrasound.

Me 2! i just had looked at my pad and it looked like there was a piece of skin. what do u mean it has something to do with the pill? because i just started a new pill called marvelon is anyone on it and had the same thing?

Hi everyone,
All of my periods are normally no blood clots or very small blood clots, painful and a lot of blood, but not last month! Last month i had to go to the emergency room because i thought i was bleeding to death. Within 6 hours i passed about 45 huge blood clots, i could barely walk. Everytime i stood up i would pass a blood clot and even just sitting down i would pass one. It was the most horrible experience of a menstraul cycle i have ever experienced. At the emergency room the doctor cleaned out about 15 more blood clots that were still inside. I was so scared. They thought that what was wrong with me might have been endometreosis or fibroids. I had a sonogram that next morning which only showed 1 cyst, but not to big and it was pretty close to my right ovary.

It was about one week later that i went to the gynocologyst. I sat in the room waiting to tell him all of this horrible stuff expecting to hear bad news. I only talked to him for maybe 5 minutes total because he seemed so sure of himself on what was wrong with me. He tolled me that what happend was that my right ovary shut down. He said that once a year every womans right ovary shuts down which creates a really really bad period, but in most cases not as so suvier as mine. He said that there was no chance of endometreosis because i had already had children. He said that after you have had children your basically emuned to endometreosis. He said that i do not have endometreosis and there is no chance that i will ever have it because i have already had two children. I asked him if a miscarrige could be involved, but the pregnancy test that they gave me at the hospital was negative. He said that there still could have been a small chance that i wasn't very far along and miscarried at the exact same time that my right ovary shut down making it really bad. If i did not miss carry, he said that it was just my right ovary that shut down for a week and that it happens to all woman once or twice a year.

I am still not completely convinced that that was all that was wrong with me, but for my sake i hope that it was. I hope that this helps everyone. God bless.

I have been getting this for the last maybe a year. Once or twice (maybe more) times during my period, I'll find a clot. I thought of zombie movies, it was that creepy. They weren't all that big, about 3-4 inches, like you guys.

However, this week, I have had two (within a three day period of time) clots that are extremely larger. They fill up overnight pads, they are that big. I never thought this was abnormal because my mom and sister never want to talk to me about this kinda of stuff, even though I'm feeling really concerned. I have never gone to any of the doctors women go to see (I'll be 20 in a month) mostly because I don't want anyone talking to me about this stuff or touching me.

I'm not and never have been pregnant, so that's not really helpful.

I guess I'll make an appointment now though.