Hi. I am 42 years old. I made up my mind and I would like to have laser resurfacing. I want to reduce facial wrinkles and acne scars. I would like to know what can I expect during the treatment? Am I a good candidate for laser resurfacing?

Hi. Anybody with fine wrinkles around eyes, mouth, on the forehead, and with acne scars is a good candidate for laser resurfacing. If you have very dark skin, you are not fitting in that picture. Your facial wrinkles may be treated individually, or you may have a full face laserbrasion. Partial face laserbrasion will take some 40 minutes, and the full face laserbrasion will last for maximum 2 hours. Some possible complications include milia (small white bumps), increased pigmentation, hypopigmentation (rarely), reappearance of cold sore, bacterial infection, swelling and scarring (rarely).