I didn't go for a memory foam mattress or topper because I live in the desert and I don't need more heat when sleeping.  However, my feet and ankles began to react to Crocks after just one month of wear. Crocks refused to tell me what type of foam was used in their shoes and they claimed it was mysterious - that I was the first one to ever inform them of a problem.  I have been unable to get rid of rashes all over my feet and ankles for three years now.  For the past several months, I have been wearing Made in China Spa Slippers.  I bought four pairs of them, not knowing the insole was memory foam, which contains a whole host of chemicals and chemical compounds.  The rashes became much worse, larger, more itchy, burning and painful so, I increased and rotated what might help - Vitamin E Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Triple Antibiotic, Neosporin, Crack Cream, soaking in Hydrogen Peroxide for 2+ hours, soaking in Epsom Salts, until, the bottom of one foot was so sore, I could no longer walk on it.  It was horribly raw, cracked through and so painful I could barely stand it.  Because of the burning, I tried an anti-fungal for 2.5 days. It burned and hurt so much that I saw a doctor.  After 3 days, I am still unable to walk on the one foot and I can't put much ointment on it because it burns too much.  It is horribly inflamed. The other spots show some improvement and the itchiness that caused me to rip apart the skin with my nails has mostly gone, except the bottom of the one foot is a major problem. I am in pain all day long, I can hardly walk and it is too inflamed and red and with open sores to apply the cream.  I am pretty sure I would be on the floor, holding my foot and screaming if I tried to apply it there.  The government allows these chemically-ridden products that we are exposed to for half the day or more - shoes, slippers and mattresses to be sold without any warning as to the possible side effects.  It isn't right when otherwise healthy people with no other allergies can be poisoned like this and nobody seems to care.  Meanwhile, I either walk around looking like I have some horrible disease or I cover them with socks and shoes - in the hot desert, at 110 degrees or so, which I have had to do for three years, while trying different things to get rid of the rashes. And, dermatologists in the area don't seem to know or do anything with chemical or shoe rashes. They don't do patch testing and don't even seem to know what it is.  They know acne and other cosmetic procedures but, not real medical problems such as this.  When I mention memory foam chemicals, they appear to be mystified.  I can't even find someone in my area or state who is familiar with my problem. I have yet one other possible doctor to contact. That place is open on limited weekdays.  It is so frustrating. Memory foam manufacturers don't seem to want people who know what chemicals go into their products.  I was able to find a short list, specific to very few chemical components of the many chemicals in memory foam, aka visco-elastic foam.

As to this problem ,you ahve to pay more attention to your wear.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Take care of your body.It is not very safe to wear shoes from the store.You have to choose appropriate one for you.

So, if it isn't safe to wear shoes from "the store", what are people supposed to do? Make their own shoes? And from what? You make no sense and you can't expect people to know right away that their slippers are causing a rash on their feet and ankles. I have always chosen the very best shoes, all leather, $350 and up as of almost a decade ago, not cheap shoes. Summer low-heeled casual sandals are not to be found in all leather and all slippers are made in China now. I don't have a choice and I have looked everywhere locally and online. Your comment is a bit ridiculous. Where do you get your shoes from - a store? Do you actually follow your own advice? Nobody can. We are not equipped to buy raw materials and make our own shoes.

I bought a pair of Skechers and I think I may be allergic to them.my feet burned like you would not believe and had a lot of redness.awful.

Memory foam in shoes, mattresses and pillows are toxic. My integrative medical doctor who is a highly respected and sought after fellow, said, "Memory foam causes all sorts of health issues, sinus issues, allergies, flu-like symptoms and heart palpitations is an allergic response as well,, he also said, it is carcinogenic...cancer causing." now that got my attention. Can you imagine dying from mattress, pillow or shoes you wear? Many have ended up in the ER . The concentrations of chemical are increased due to closer proximity. I had my doctor write me prescription and we had a natural, organic, non-toxic chemical free mattress made and on the mattress at the bottom is stated 100% Natural Latex chemical free doctors prescribed mattress! Today's rage with memory foam in shoes is very, very scary, Because my the pores on your feet are large for absorption, when I hurt my foot my Chinese Medicine / Nautropathic doctor had me put this cream and oil on the bottom of my feet and told me that feet have high absorption due to the pores being larger. Learn something new everyday! I have read of when children are sick with flu or cold, some mothers, would rub essential oils, mixed with carrier oil on the children feet and put some cotton socks on their feet and by morning they would be well so now I understand how this might be possible.
Now are people buying memory foam shoes ever going to make the link that your shoes with the memory foam are possibly making you sick, I rather be safe than sorry. Recall when those highly toxic Brazilian Blowouts came out my hair dresser suggested I try it I said, NO
Thanks, because I do Not jump on the early train, every I research ....well then it was the news that it is formaldehydes that was making beautician and customers very sick, chemical poisoning!!!

We vote everyday by what we buy ! Here is my question why would designers use memory foam in shoes? When the trend clearly shows that people are choosing to eat organic Non -GMO ( genetically modified food) drink NON- fluoridated water, wearing 100% chemical free organic clothes, sleeping on a chemical free , mattresses, chemical free organic blankets, and even makeup is going to more natural ingredients. I have to states this is that one of most toxic things people use in the home is dryer sheets it is highly toxic do your homework When we make reservations in a hotel I always state, chemical and scent free. A friend owns a luxurious spa and she said, they only used hydrogen peroxide for cleaning, and a natural lemon cleaner for something. i'm down with that

Recently, Chiptole went Non- GMO very smart , they saw the tread and took a chance, and their business shot up 30% that is monumental move for a business, ask any business owner. This is very telling what people want. In our city the farmers market with organic non GMO is bustling, Today, people are ordering, natural chemical free latex mattresses, more people are choosing to use natural pesticides for their gardens, The city I live it is very environmentally conscious , active and aware. I attended a lecture and the speaker, said, they tested the chemicals in newborn babies when they are born out of possible 400 chemicals the babies have 213 chemical already in their system ! That really breaks my heart little precious babies are directly effected by the environment and of course the mother exposure. You ever wonder why every 1 in 3 women and every other man has cancer? I think about this sort of things.
Today, there are 20% of kids, that are chronically ill it used it to 3% we have to ask ourselves how is this possible? What is causing this?
Awareness is rising, and if companies do not go with the trend they will be kicked aside.

I'm having this problem with a pair of skechers memory foam now

Mine too!!!! I'm latex sensitive... So I'm blaming the memory foam never had this with other sneakers?? I put my New Balance back we'll see????

I too am having trouble with Skechers memory foam. Red, burning, itching. Have some old New Balance sneakers that I am going to wear. Hoping this rash goes away!
.

I bought a pair of Sketchers and after wearing for 5 hours, my both feet started itching on the top, so I took the shoes off. The next morning when I woke up the top of my right foot was blistered and the top of the red foot was red. All this week I have been applying bandages to my right foot and wearing flip flops. Never before had an allergy. I believe it is some allergy and not from improper fit.
The shoes were very comfortable.

I meant to say the top of my left foot was red.
Letting you all know, I do not have a red foot.

Find a new doctor.

I've been looking for references to this problem online and only just now found your comment.mi agree...Skechers shoe linings burn my feet too! Is the memory foam I'm sure!

AVOID MEMORY FOAM. It is a gimmick. They tear in two weeks.

After months of pain and redness on the soles of my feet and being treated with Prescription from my dermatologist, it just occurred to me that it could be from my sneakers. I have latex sensitivity and have to use cotton gloves under vinyl. Going to check back with the doctor and research other footwear