hello! I have been diagnosed with cervical dysplasia ( CIN III ), which is the most severe stage. Out of multiple choices of treatment I chose LEEP procedure which I am about to have next week at the doctor’s office. I am having second thoughts now, and thinking that I may have chosen something else like cryosurgery, laser vaporization, or surgery.
Is there anybody who was in a similar position? What sort of treatment did you chose? All replies are more than welcome!!!!!

I chose the same you did. I had leep. Before that I learned that there could come to recurrence but what else was I suppose to do? It took me 5 weeks to heal and I had regular check ups. It’s been a year since I had LEEP and I am ok so far. I wish you good luck!!!!

I just got off the phone with my doctor and he wants me to come back for a coposcopy. I had a leep done in september but now he said that ,y pap was still abnormal. i'm really scared as I am trying to get pregnant.

I am having a leep next week and am worried about the future effects. I know that this can come back and I wonder if anyone knows how many leeps would effect your chances of getting pregnant.

The first LEEP is usually the one that takes the most tissue. I had a LEEP in April, and got an abnormal Pap in October. I found out in October that I'm pregnant and have been very concerned about having more procedures done, as I want to have more children... I did a lot of research on LEEP procedures. Any repeat LEEP procedure shouldn't take very much tissue, so it shouldn't affect your ability to conceive, and carry to term. Only with multiple LEEP procedures that take away a good bit of tissue, will your cervix become weak, and possibly make you at risk to miscarry.