New Reply New Topic Followed by 16 people

is it possible to loose weight while on implanon

Hi
The opposite is true. One of the reported side effects is weight gain, not weight loss. This is typical of most chemical BC methods. If you are taking it and you are losing weight, perhaps its not related to the BC. This symptom should be reported to your doctor, so that he/she can rule out other things. Please let me know what you found out, especially if the doctor feels that it was causing you to lose weight. Again, that would be unusual.

It's not likely to cause weight loss but it doesn't mean it isn't possible. I lost 24kgs while on Implanon through improved diet and exercise, so you shouldn't give up hope/trying if you're on implanon.

I had the implanon in for 3.5 yrs which I had to find someone to take it out. I gained 25lbs on it. I had not changed my eating habits. I had tried everything possible to lose weight and I couldn't only kepe on gaining. I had it taken out on Friday and now 4 days later I have lost almost 5lbs. I don't care what other people say about it is how you eat. This medicine did it to me. Things that I said were from me getting older was really from the implant. I would not reccomend this to anyone. I loved it at first but now I hate it and wish I would have never got it. I hope this helps you out. Some side effects to beware of are weight gain, constipation, severe depression, dizziness, heart palpitations, hot flashes. Those were my main ones and since it was taken out my body seems to be going back to normal. I just hope I am able to lose all my weight! Good Luck with it.

I got the implanon in nov 2009.  2 months after my son was born. almost 2 years later I have gained just about 50 pounds and I never changed my eating habbits. I have been trying to lose weight since January and here it is september, 8 months later and no results. I am about to get the implanon removred and hopefully I can lose weight and the money I spend on healthy food and gym membership wont go to a waste. I have also had really bad hot flashes and im ony 22 years old. I believe it has also caused me to be depressed over simple things and it makes me feel like I cant not schieve things. I recently just started having heart palpitations, I thought something was seriouslt wrong with me and I had terrible headaches with them and spent 9 hurs in the E.R. and left with no answers. after reading this thanks you Sarah_16.. i  now know wh i have all this. I am going to call doctor tomorrow and and get this thing out and hopefully I can lose the 5o pounds plus 100 more. Good luck to the both of you

I know the feeling!!

If anyone is worried about what side effects are in implanon, have a look on this

http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/6258/PIL

It calmed me down about any worries with the Implant

:)

xxxxxx

im gaining weight i hate it and im only 17

I have had mine in for 8 months, i was also away for 3 of these months in Australia - i hated wearing a bikini as i felt like i had put on so much weight, i havent weighed myself but i feel huge. Im a petite person who, cycles to work, does zumba & joggs - when i got the implant was a size 8 now i am a near size 12 which is a lot to put on being so short. I have just called the doctor to make an appt to remove it. I wouldnt advise getting it!

I'm going through the same thing. I've gained soooo much weight! It's crazy & I still have 1 more year to go. :O I'm scared to see what I'll look like then!

Do not get it it put me from 145 lbs to 232 lbs since I got it 3 years ago. Anyone thinking of this birth control DO NOT get it trust me :(

Have u gain r lost weight i gt minds in july 2012 after having my bby i lost some weight thou

Im on my second "set of 3 years" and love implanon. My first one I lost weight and my boobs got a cup bigger. I would occasionally throw up like once a month, I assumed when my period should be...when time to take it out it was imbedded into my muscle and I had my arm cut open 4 times. I still got another one BC I love it. 1.5 years later still happy.....sorry for the bad experiences but I am all for it!

Wow ladys, I think we all react to this birth control in different ways and I beleive its because we all have different bodies. I have lost a lot of weight since I got on the implanon and Im even thinking of taking it out to gain my weight back. I used to be a 5 and now Im a 1.

Ive had the implonom for about a year and im actually LOOSING weight...i started at 125 and im down to 109-115 ... idk why im eating normally but when i gain 2 lbs one week ill lose 4 the next and just yoyo up and down...im thinking about removing it

I am 20 years old and I got the implanon in August 23 of this year. I am a soccer player and I do a lot of walking every day at school. I still have the same regular healthy diet that I had for years and years. It has barely been 3 months since I got it and I have put on 13 pounds