Hello! Is there anybody who could explain what exactly it means to be on a low-calorie diet and what its benefits are? Thank you in advance

Hi there! I have been reading recently about the benefits of low-calorie intake. This means that you are eating between 1000 and 2000 calories a day but not just any food. Low-calorie means healthy food. SO, you won’t benefit much if you just cut down your meals but continue eating red meat, chips, snacks, soft drinks, junk food, etc-that just won’t do at least not on the long run. You need to chose healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, fish, etc
Actually, you may lose some weight just by cutting down junk food but you will be still more prone to certain diseases especially those regarding heart.
I’ve read that people who had eaten low-calorie food for years have the same conditions of hearts as young people and lower heart and inflammatory diseases. Additionally, low-calorie diet has been linked to the age slowing in elderly people if practiced for years.
Low-calorie diet may help you reach your desired weight and also help you maintain it.
I always feel much better when I am on low-calorie diet. I even have more energy and am more enthusiastic.
Unfortunately, low-calorie and healthy diets take a long time to prepare and ask for a lot of planning, which makes it difficult to maintain it especially if you’re employed and have family.